Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

10 Posts

May 5th, 2019 17:00

17 R5, Command Center and AlienFX lights not working

AWCC (Alienware Command center) is not working properly. I bought Alienware 17 R5 weeks ago everything was perfect except AWCC. I tried everything what comes to your mind about this issue such as update all drivers from the Dell's web site, clean install Windows 10. I opened the back case of laptop than plugged out, plugged in battery. I reset cmos etc. My bios is updated. I have done everything. In conclusion; my is not working properly. When I run the AWCC, I see the "no supported AlienFX device were detected. Alienware Command Center will enable the full FX experience once an AlienFX compatible device is connected..." warning. Really? Now the FX lights are not working. I read from the forums about this problem. Many people facing the same problem and they are all waiting new update!

May 8th, 2019 18:00

Same thing happens to me, and I also tried everything, but didn't work.

10 Posts

May 9th, 2019 06:00

“If the clean installation of windows has been properly done that'll will definitely tell us this is not a software glitch. A hardware component most be replaced” they told me from the Alienware Support on Twitter.

A lot of people facing this problem. I wish I bought another gaming laptop. It is very sad thing for customers and the Dell Alienware brand image!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

May 9th, 2019 11:00

Hi @alienwarefe@paradisiac_devil 

If you still need help with this, send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can review the case. 

1 Message

May 10th, 2019 06:00

I had some issues with CC as well.  Called tech support.  They have a new version of CC that you have to get.  She was able to help me through  the internet and now CC is working properly.  Double check the version you are using.

10 Posts

May 10th, 2019 09:00

yes, i need help. At least i am going to send my laptop to the warranty.

But another problem: my warranty valid in the USA, i am living in turkey. i am trying to transfer my warranty from USA to Turkey.
i explained here: https://www.dell.com/community/Customer-Care/How-To-Warranty-Transfer-From-USA-to-Turkey/m-p/7297350#M24783

10 Posts

May 10th, 2019 09:00

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

because of tthis i can not send my service tag via private message.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

May 10th, 2019 13:00

I got the PM. We already replied. 

10 Posts

May 12th, 2019 05:00

it's %5 software problem, %95 Hardware problem!(motherboard) It's also faulty production not an user error. Alienware have to fix this problem immediately! The must recall the broken laptops!

4 Posts

May 12th, 2019 05:00

I have same issue.I tried many things even drain the power.But it doesnt work.Formatted with another version Windows.Pls help about this case.

4 Posts

May 12th, 2019 06:00

I think its completly software problem.Because Awcc 5.1.18 can see oc, thermal,and audio just problem with Fx.2 days ago everything was good.when I changed with last update everything getting worst and after I didnt fix it.I hope they will publish new version for Awcc 🙏

5 Posts

August 1st, 2019 12:00

I have the same problem. "No AlienFX devices were detected ……" appears as message.

Please direct me, guide me and help us to solve this issue asap.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 2nd, 2019 09:00

Hi,

For everyone having this issues, please try the following steps:

Please try the following steps:

• Download and Install the latest Alienware Command Center from the MS Store (You will require a MS account). Open Command Center. You will get an error saying "No AlienFX Devices Detected". Disregard the massage for now. The Command Center will ask for deployment of several add ons. Download and install each of them (please consider that you will likely need to log to your MS Account several times for this process to complete successfully, do not skip ANY of the log in(s)). So, if no installation is skipped, your Command Center should be fully ready and all add ons will now appear on the bottom of the Home Page.
  • At that moment, please restart the PC and ReOpen the Command Center. The error message should now be gone and you should be able to control the lights. If the error still appears, but you can still navigate to FX Tab and change colors, then please keep in mind that by the 3rd week of August, we will release a new version of Alienware Command Center that should address this issues.

24 Posts

September 5th, 2019 18:00

I have had some strange behavior with the alienware command center since I have had this laptop(alienware 17 r4). Issue # 1: When opening Alienware Command Center when attempting to change something in Power Plan options, ACC would just close out. When attempting to select "MyThemes" option witch is usually populated with about 12 presets it would be empty and shortly after clicking it ACC would just close out. Issue #2: While troubleshooting some POST failure issues and eventually concluding(I think) that the Power Button Ribbon cable was responsible for that all along, when I was able to boot into Windows simply installing or having ACC installed would cause the laptop to go into an Infinite boot loop! Clearing the CMOS was not enough to fix this issue, just to get out of the bootloop, I had to clear the CMOS/BIOS, remove the SSD with ACC installed, install another SSD and format Windows onto that. Very strange but true scenario, I know it doesn't make much sense, but this is what has been happening to me. All of my current issues are the result of me trying to Troubleshoot and Fix issues caused by Improper Heat Sink installation by the factory in the first place witch has caused instability and artifacting(faulty vram I believe due to poor to no contact of the heatsink thermal pads to the VRAM chips). AW support simply tells me(without even looking into my particular case) "There is no known issue with this unit, so you need to pay us to fix it since your out of warranty". I mean it may be out of warranty, but its a very expensive device and should last a **bleep** of lot longer than 1 and half year.

September 5th, 2019 18:00

I'm having the same issue my lights worked fine, then did a fresh reinstall OF WINDOWS  now no lights, I have followed these steps and  steps located https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln303405/how-to-remove-and-reinstall-the-alienware-command-center?lang=en

serval times and still nothing seems to work

September 7th, 2019 11:00

Update, 

So, I tried bring the laptop back to factory specks  because as I said the lights were working fine.  I used the support recovery assistant to revert back to the day I received the laptop,  it offers a cloud reset, I did the steps got back to windows now it says no FX devices. and the FX does not show in command center no lights

No Events found!