rafaelchefe
1 Copper

Re: 17 R5, GPU fan error on boot

Hi everyone,

Just want to share that I spoke to customer service in New Zealand and they advised me to install/update the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework chipset driver. It has passed three days with no fan errors so far. I'll keep monitoring the PC.

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Thank you for sharing this with the community.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
carlosgz10
1 Copper

Hello, I have a 15 R4 and I have the same fan error, anyone resolved it?
0 Kudos
Azrael Winter
1 Nickel

Still not resolved. Dell support are useless. How can they not have a patch released to fix this yet? 

0 Kudos

Hi @carlosgz10@Azrael Winter 

Send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can review your cases.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
pablitoadrian
1 Copper

I have the same exact problem... alienware 17 r5, get cpu fan and vga fan failed all the time when i cold boot my laptop...

0 Kudos

Hi @pablitoadrian

Send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can review your case.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
rafaelchefe
1 Copper

Unfortunately updating the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework chipset driver did not work. I still get CPU fan error when I cold boot the PC.

0 Kudos
rafaelchefe
1 Copper

Hi @Alienware-Eimy , can you help me with this issue?

0 Kudos

Hi @rafaelchefe

Send me a private message (by clicking my Alienware-name) with the Alienware PC service tag number so I can review your case.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos