Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

3 Posts

March 4th, 2019 21:00

17 R5, NVMe SSD compatibility

I have recently purchased a crucial 500mx 500gb nvme 2280m.2 for my AW 17 r5. The drive is going into the second ssd slot for extra storage. The bios detects the drive, and after initialising it, and running tests the drive is present. My AW is strictly a gaming machine and my 256gb nvme, which is the boot drive, is filling up fast so I opted for more storage. When I download a game on the new drive the game doesnt load, it takes a few attempts, or it crashes. Or you can play for ten minutes and it crashes and I get the windows blue screen and after reboot the drive is gone. I have to go back to the bios and hit F10 and then it will reboot with the drive detectable by windows but same problems still exist. I have contacted AW tech support and crucial tech support with little to no help....is there a step I am missing , what do I need to do next? Or is just ssd incompatability. Plz advise. 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 5th, 2019 15:00

Hi,

Have you tried running a PSA/Diagnostic test to check the SSD? You can follow the steps on this video to run the test. 

3 Posts

March 5th, 2019 20:00

Yes. I have and there are no errors. II hav even talked with alienware techs and they have run diagnostics with the diagnostics on the laptop on the ssd with no errors. 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 7th, 2019 20:00

Ok, send me your Service Tag in a private message, so we can look further into this. 

No Events found!