Highlighted
Flogarv
1 Nickel

17 R5, QHD Black lines or "bands" across the screen

Jump to solution

So i am not 100% sure but it seems after the latest windows update there is now black lines (or "bands" as Nvidia Control Panel calls them if the aspect ratio is off). It is a brand new Alienware 17 R5 QHD.

Does anybody else have these black lines? is it just how the QHD and screen dimensions work or whats going on?

Edit; It's supposed to be this way. Not an issue

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Flogarv
1 Nickel

Re: Alienware 17 R5 QHD Black lines or "bands" acr

Jump to solution

Oh, just remembered. After the update suddenly the top of the firefox browser was halfways covered by this.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @Flogarv,

Honestly, I don't get to see the issue in the pic 

Make sure the BIOS is up to date.

Also, try a system restore and reinstalling the video drivers.

If the issue persists, send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can assist you further. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
MotorDonkey
2 Iron

Jump to solution

If that is just a screen shot The issue won't show. You'll have to take a pic with your phone and upload that.

0 Kudos
Flogarv
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
Yeah, it was just a screenshot with "paint touch". The issue is black bands across the entire screen, though mostly on top. I had a chat with Alienware Pro team and this is actually part of the PC. So no issues here.
0 Kudos