DizzyAW
1 Copper

17 R5, WiFi issues, Killer

Hi Guys I'm having an issue with my wifi - the internet drops out unexpectedly after a period of time; it is fine when you rest the PC (but disabling and disabling & re-enabling the wifi via the device manager doesn't work). I've tried updating the driver, but it says it is on the newest version The strange thing is the wifi icon tells me there is the internet, and for split seconds websites will load Any ideas what I can do, or do I have a dud wifi card? > Killer Wireless-AC 1550 Wireless Network Adaptor (9260NGW)

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DizzyAW
1 Copper

Re: Alianware 17 r5 - Wifi Issues (Killer)

I can't seem to edit my post - "REST" is a typo; it is meant to say "RESET > > "it is fine when you rest the PC"
0 Kudos
MotorDonkey
2 Bronze

Try uninstalling the Killer software and run without it. Drivers only. That should fix it.
0 Kudos

Hi @DizzyAW ,

Try reinstalling the driver but from the Killer's website.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
DizzyAW
1 Copper

Thanks, Guys - I will try both in the coming days and will get back to you 

0 Kudos
DizzyAW
1 Copper

I removed the Killer app, and uninstalled then reinstalled the driver (using the package from killer website) but after about 48hrs, it seems to fail again - 

Any further ideas?

0 Kudos
BonesB
2 Iron

Uninstall killer suite and killer driver. Go here and install intel driver. Your 9260 is an Intel card.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28503/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo...

I have same setup as you so i know this works.

0 Kudos
MotorDonkey
2 Bronze

HA! He was talking about Killer so much that I didn't even notice the 9260. Yes, install Intel drivers.

0 Kudos
DizzyAW
1 Copper

Thanks - I removed the driver and installed the driver by the link provided; it is still showing under drivers a "Killer Wireless-AC 1550 Wireless Network Adaptor (9260NGW)" so a tad confused about all of this.  Anyhoo - hopefully, this will work!

0 Kudos
MotorDonkey
2 Bronze

If that doesn't work, delete the device in your device manager and reboot. Let us know!

0 Kudos