Highlighted
Steellz
1 Nickel

17 R5, Windows update problem

I'm having a major problem with my 17 R5 laptop, i own 2 desktops and 1 other laptop none of the others is having this problem. the problem im having is everytime i go to update windows it says "checking for updates" forever! 

I've tried SOO many troubleshooting things. you name it , i probably tried it. even Dell Tech support cant seem to figure this out! ive tried the worst case scenario . completely wiping windows, that worked for awhile. but the problem some how came back!

I even tried downloading a fresh windows 10 from Microsoft, put it on a USB drive. and installed it. the problem was fixed..... for awhile and then came back. i can only assume its coming from something Dell is forcing me to install. Alienware FX? Alienware control center? who knows. this is getting very frustrating !

So, everytime i want a Windows update, i pretty much have to wipe my Laptop clean. im getting NO error codes.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steellz
1 Nickel

Re: 17 R5, Windows update problem

Edit.

After letting it check for updates for over an hour i just got an error msg "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. if you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help : (0x80080005). I have researched that code. and followed any and all troubleshooting methods i've found. still no fix

0 Kudos
Steellz
1 Nickel

Nothing? no one knows how to fix this? this is clearly a Dell software problem ,

0 Kudos

Hi @Steellz

Send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can review your account.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Lanel
1 Copper

Re: Alienware 17 R5, Windows update problem

yes, everytime I do a windows 10 update, it breaks my pc. Essentially stops recognising wifi card and I can't get online. Hugely frustrating. I've updated the drivers, but still the problem persists
0 Kudos

Re: Alienware 17 R5, Windows update problem

Hi @Lanel

Send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can review your case.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos