Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

10 Posts

April 23rd, 2019 16:00

17 R5, audio crackling and popping

I have literally gone through the exact same thing for 8 months and there is still no solution for me.. Have you found a solution yet? I have a an Alienware 17 R5 and an Apollo Twin thunderbolt audio interface connected through the back of the laptop and I am getting random distortion, pops, and clicks during playback and recording. The only way that the distortion and clicks will stop is if I reset the audio interface, which forces me to shut down Pro Tools. The, even if I reset the audio interface, the distortion can return after a few minutes or at best an hour. It is very random. But, I have had the worst experience with Dell's customer service and I have spent countless hours on the phone with them, trying to trouble-shoot the issue, and I have still gotten nowhere. They have even made me do a factory reset two times! Which means I had to install all of the plug-ins and applications ALL OVER AGAIN!

If anybody can please help find a solution to this issue I will be very happy. If not, i have accepted that Dell does not mind selling faulty products to those who are in the world of audio/music production. 

10 Posts

I have the same problem with my Dell Alienware 17 R5. Dell. truly has the worst customer service when it comes to audio-music producers. I have experienced distortion, pops, and clicks for months and now I am passed return warranty. They kept assuring me that the issue would be solved and now I am stuck with this laptop. All this computer power for nothing. Dell Alienware is the worst product you can buy for music production and audio production and I don't recommend anyone buying their faulty products. 

10 Posts

Dell seriously has the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life. I have the same problem with my Dell Alienware 17 R5.. If you are trying to use Dell laptops or computers for audio production or music production, don't do it. I keep getting distortion, pops, and clicks for months and now I am passed the return warranty.

They kept telling me that the issue would be resolved and now I am stuck with this laptop. It's unfortunate that such a powerful computer cannot even properly playback audio. I am beyond **bleep**. I spent so much money on the Alienware. Don't buy Alienware for music production or for audio production. That's all I have to say. I have lost a lot of work because of Dell. 

No Events found!