Rhundal77
1 Copper

17 R5, denied warranty, now what?

Have a 17 R5. It's  6 months old. The ethernet port was causing cables to stick and it broke on the inside. I got denied because they say the broken piece shows physical damage. They told me to call a complaint line because when I bought it, they sold me warranty that the agent said would cover anything up to and including water damage. It turns out I was sold a warranty on software only. What are my options? I feel like the sales agent lied to me when I bought it. And tech support was quick to deny my claim. I only bought this thing because of Dell support. What are my options for getting this thing g repaired?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Denied warranty, now what?

Hi @Rhundal77

We're very sorry about this, but unfortunately we can't change the type of warranty that was sold to you

You can send me a private message with the Service Tag and I can verify the type of warranty the system has.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos

Re: Denied warranty, now what?

@Rhundal77 wrote:

Have a 17r5, it's  6 months old, the ethernet port was causing cables to stick and it broke on the inside. I got denied because they say the broken piece shows physical damage. They told me to call a complaint line because when I bought it they sold me warranty that the agent said would cover anything up to and including water damage. It turns out I was sold a warranty on software only. What are my options, I feel like the sales agent lied to me when I bought it. And tech support was quick to deny my claim. I only bought this thing because of Dell support. What are my options for getting this thing g repaired

How was it getting caught.. Ethernet makes an audiable click sound when its in.. don't understand how it was getting caught to the point you broke it off the motherboard/system... pretty hard to do. that said.. while most warranties dont cover physical damage, unless it was an ADHD warranty... in which case.. should have purchased it through Bestbuy (they DO sell the 17R5..)

0 Kudos