Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

June 19th, 2020 23:00

17 R5, how to install factory image OS to external SSD?

i'm having problems restoring os on my dell laptop (warranty expired on May 29, 2019) so here it goes :

My dell laptop screen is broken so i'm using an external monitor (hdmi) to use the laptop for daily gaming and etc.

i tried to update to my laptop's gpu driver and i came upon thread to use DDU to completely wipe the gpu drivers
whole print in my laptop os (which is incredibly stupid on my part)..and it is now not booting normally.

I tried to reinstall the os by completely resetting the os to its default image using usb restoration, my PROBLEM is the external monitor cannot detect the display on my laptop, which my guess is because of the DDU.

i already bought ssd adapter to use it  for os installation using another laptop , my problem is I do not know how to install that factory image from usb to external ssd.

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

July 14th, 2020 18:00

Replace your screen first, since the hdmi port and the thunderbolt port go to your integrated graphics inside of your cpu the DisplayPort and integrated cable that goes to your display is the nividia.

Screen FHD:

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=20664

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

July 15th, 2020 07:00

Hello @Jczar is this what you are looking for "How to Install Windows 10 on New SSD from USB" (Here)? 

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

July 15th, 2020 13:00

Since he can’t see anything on the screen I recommended he replaced it with the link I mentioned above. @Jczar Should just download the new os from the USB to a internal HDD or SSD because of the Inability to install windows on an external device.

The reason why is because Windows to Go(TM) Died a really long time ago after windows 7 was released.

No Events found!