BobNoNickname
2 Bronze

Re: 17 R5, no supported AlienFX devices were detected

Okay.  Back to the grind-- Dell really should be **paying** it's "customers" for debugging their bug-ware... 

I used SFC /scannow to double-check my Windoze install-- zero issue(s). 

I created a brand-new profile (admin) just in case *that* was it:  no change. 

I used the "search" function in File Explorer for "supportassistant" and manually removed all directories, files, etc, on all drives, on the computer. 

Then?  Using the Microsoft store this time?  Install Dell Support Assistant-- well *that* was a complete bust-- again, it's a stupid **stub** file that does **nothing** -- it immediately downloads and launches the **original** stub file I was trying to use-- which, as previously noted?  

DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT SIT THERE-- zero networking activity.  NONE.   Zero hard disk activity.  NONE.   The ONLY thing this bug-bot appears capable of doing?  Is about once every 5-7 seconds, it bumps the graphics engine up to 1%, then it drops back to zero. 

I'm not even remotely alone in having this issue-- the number of threads on this bug-bot right here on DELL.COM alone?  Is mind-boggling.  Recent, too.  

Exact same symptoms:   Manually remove all the file traces, re-install.   Stops at "getting application files".   Some report letting this piece of ... run for a day or more-- but since we already know it's not doing anything?  Well... 

WHAT GIVES, DELL?   

Oh!  About the same number of folks were foolish enough to have re-installed windows-- but, of course, that didn't fix the bug.   You don't burn down the entire block, to silence a single cricket in a single basement, that isn't that loud.... 

And anyway?  Microsoft, the source of a Windows 10 Media .ISO?  Is so not going to have any of the DELL stuff, now is it?   No-- you'd be back to the download, run-- NOTHING HAPPENING loop, since you'd have to get the SAME BUGWARE FROM DELL THAT YOU STARTED WITH. 

0 Kudos

Hi,

For everyone having issues with AWCC, please try the following steps:

•  Download AWCC full from https://dell.to/31YG8CM or Download AWCC from MS Store.
  • After running the app post-installation, a green button should appear on the top-right corner asking to Get Updates. Once clicked, an MS Store pop-up will ask for MSA information before proceeding to install all add-ons. If this fails, download these add-ons from the MS Store (In the store application, look for My Library, these should appear under Alienware Command Center):
    • FXSystems: AlienFX Chassis Images - Area 51 R5, R6, R7 , Aurora R8, Alienware m15 & m17, Alienware 15 R4 and 17 R5
    • FX02: AlienFX Chassis Images - Area 51m, Alienware m15 R2 & m17 R2, Vulcan and Selek (G series)
    • FXDisplay: monitors
    • OC Controls: thermals and OC control https://dell.to/31YG9qk
    • Sound Center: Sound management https://dell.to/31YGauo
    • Control Center: Keyboard and mouse https://dell.to/31VZ2Km

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
BobNoNickname
2 Bronze

Update:  I did finally get Support Assist re-installed. 

I had to enable the hidden, but built-in Administrator account, however. 

I strongly suspect it's the Microsoft UAE.   With a normal user-created account, even one that is administrator, you are required to answer the UAE prompts.  

But with the built-in Administrator account?  That is bypassed. 

That's how I got Support Assistant re-installed, and working.  

There are any number of How To on the web, to enable the administrator account-- and even if your main account has administrator privileges?  The UAE will prevent a valid install. 

0 Kudos
BobNoNickname
2 Bronze

EDIT:  After several reboots?  The Command Center now works from within my Default Account.   I will be re-disabling the Admin account, as that's pretty easy to do. 

Final Update:  

The link that Alienware-Eimy first listed, does not work.  Tried it-- it just goes to a generic Dell page.  

I did look at the Microsoft store for the other components Alienware-Eimy mentioned?  None were listed-- only Alienware Command Center, Pointing Device and other such.  

Trying to re-install using my default profile gave the same errors as before;  No Device. 

However, having had such luck using the full-on Administrator Account?  I switched accounts to that-- and? 

I had control of the Lights, macros, etc.  Amazing!  It did try to "update" itself, but that failed-- and the log file won't open. I may or may not investigate, as I could set the lights to my liking, and create a macro. 

So I set the lights, then switched back to my normal User-Admin account.  The lights remain, even though the Command Center is still non-functional.   Perhaps it's a profile issue?  I doubt that-- as I had tried yesterday, using a brand-spanking new User-Admin account, same errors. 

I think it's an Access To Files issue with the latest Windows update, or the UAC, refusing to allow modification of Protected Directories.   

It'd be nice if this was actually fixed, rather than jumping through hoops... 

... I haven't tried using the macro function yet, as frankly?  I'm a wee bit afraid of breaking the lighting.  I have a Kludge Work Around now.  

I'm loathe to break it again.  

BOTTOM LINE:  USE THE BUILT IN, BUT HIDDEN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT TO RE-INSTALL CONTROL CENTER.  USE THAT SAME ACCOUNT TO CHANGE SETTINGS.  

I was going to re-hide it, but now I just set a strong password instead.  I may have to switch back to it, yet again at some point in the future..... 

Snakes18
1 Copper

Same issue here... This **bleep**!!!

Highlighted
KATS FCB
1 Copper

SO IN CONCLUSION HOW DO I FIX THE "NO SUPPORTED DEVICES DETECTED"

0 Kudos
Alienware-Joe
4 Tellurium

The quickest solution would be to use the latest version from our support website. Or checking the previous messages posted.

Alienware-Jose
Dell | Alienware Technical SupportAlienware Arena
#Iwork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check outAlienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit:YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
mikel74
1 Copper

nothing on your website fixes this issue
theslientone
1 Copper

Same stuff is happening to me. since the July update. Noting seems to be working now. The support team tried their best but all they wounded up was to uninstall and re-install the command center over and over again. If the problem was caused by the software update. you should fix it by another one or change your developer team. This is totally absurd and i think dell is doing nothing to fix it.
0 Kudos
Alienware-Joe
4 Tellurium

We assure you this has been brought to the attention of our software devs. Some users have been able to fix it with an earlier version of the Command Center. Whilst other have been able to fix it with the latest version from the MS Store and subsequently adding the OC and FX controls from within the MS Store // AWCC. 

Alienware-Jose
Dell | Alienware Technical SupportAlienware Arena
#Iwork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check outAlienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit:YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos