Highlighted
AllenBronz
1 Copper

Re: 17 R5, no supported AlienFX devices were detected

My daughter has the Alienware m15 which I bought for her this year. So I logged in and went looking for differences in regards to how the Command Center on her work in comparison to mine.

So I have the Alienware m17 which is basically the same to the m15, just bigger and slightly newer.

I found the following "system" on the m15 registry which I do not have. As you can tell from the picture, it has to deal with Alienware FX.

So I copied the registry entries to my m17 and now my command center works with no error messages. the FX tab works and I can set up and save themes, but the lights still don't work. I'm thinking some of the values in the imported registry are pointing to the wrong areas. 

This is a long shot, but can someone post their registry from their m17 with working lights so that I can see which values are different?

I have been in touch with Alienware support and now I'm at the stage where they want to replace the motherboard. I'm okay with that I guess but I don't think my program is the motherboard.

Reg.jpgReg1.jpgReg2.jpg

Highlighted
Zanovello
1 Copper

Hey Allenbronz, tried the regedit config that you posted, but nothing changed here. My lights are on, but i have no control of them and the alienfx not supported message still showing. Dell still doing nothing to solve this issue.

McScruffy
1 Copper

Highlighted
Mighty Mark
1 Copper

Alienware-Eimy,

we have done those steps 100's of times it isn't just about reinstalling over and over. and you shouldn't have to reinstall the command center 100's of times to get it to work you should provide the Dill files needed to run the FX so we can simply install those and have this working. that's what most peoples issues is after reinstalling windows you loose the dill files in the system folder and with out those the lights won't work and it won't see the device.

Highlighted
Zanovello
1 Copper

Just installed the set 17 release of the AWCC. Didn’t change a thing in the no supported alienfx issue.

Highlighted
Mighty Mark
1 Copper

what bio's are you running. I tried all these steps and still no lights. it seems if you  go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alienware\System\AFXCapableDevices the dill files have no value and my system folder is missing the FX dills needed to run the lights. I know its not the hardware because the lights worked fine before resetting back to factory windows. would be nice if they just gave us a disk with the factory install and drivers like Asuse and other company's do then we wouldn't have to mess with this for months.

I have even used Revo to completely remove the command center and reinstalled it 100's of times. plus all the steps you did.

Highlighted
theslientone
1 Copper

Same stuff is happening to me. since the July update. Noting seems to be working now. The support team tried their best but all they wounded up was to uninstall and re-install the command center over and over again. If the problem was caused by the software update. you should fix it by another one or change your developer team. This is totally absurd and i think dell is doing nothing to fix it.
Highlighted
Alienware-Joe
4 Tellurium

We assure you this has been brought to the attention of our software devs. Some users have been able to fix it with an earlier version of the Command Center. Whilst other have been able to fix it with the latest version from the MS Store and subsequently adding the OC and FX controls from within the MS Store // AWCC. 

Alienware-Jose
Dell | Alienware Technical SupportAlienware Arena
#Iwork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check outAlienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit:YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

Highlighted
Zanovello
1 Copper

Same problem here. Received my Alienware area 51m 2 months ago. Having the same issue 2 weeks ago. No solution provided in this forum have solved the problem. Tried all steps sugested by dell.

Highlighted
Clarofaro
1 Copper

$2600 R8 and same problem

Just paid almost $3000 for an Alienware R8 and same thing has happened again. I've been told to wipe drive clean and reinstall Windows from scratch. This is getting old. Come on Dell and fix your software!!!