Highlighted
Zen Svelte
1 Copper

Re: 17 R5, no supported AlienFX devices were detected

Hey, I don't quite understand this. Could you give a detailed instruction on what you did, rather than a story explanation? Sorry if the way I worded this sounds rude. I'm not trying to be at all, but I can't find a better way to ask this. I've been having a lot of issues lately with the Command Center and lights and this seems like a promising solution, but I can't get a strong understanding of what it is you are saying you did

Highlighted
Mighty Mark
1 Copper

mine too, dark. tried all the steps in these posts still dark, but worked fine before reinstalling windows, I noticed the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alienware\OC Controls is missing the system folder and .02 folder that contains the FX drivers. but I haven't found a way to get those files. 

the way I found this is I used my wife's 17 R5 bought same configuration as mine same time hers the lights work and has those files mine don't work and are missing them.

Highlighted
Mighty Mark
1 Copper

talked to dell all they say is try a older version or reinstall the newer one for the 150th time. tried both those options too.  Still dark. don't even light on boot, I'm at a loss

Zanovello
1 Copper

Dell programers seems to be lost too. This is an old problem (just search in other forums), that is anoying costumers for a while. In months, no definitive solution. Don’t think that they (Dell) will ever solve this problem. Looks like they are waiting for a costumer solution, lile the ones posted here in previous pages.

Highlighted
Zen Svelte
1 Copper

I can't find any EnableLUA setting in the registry for my computer

Highlighted
Zen Svelte
1 Copper

Ay, you should copy those files and send them here for us

Highlighted
Zen Svelte
1 Copper

If you can send the files from the OC Controls on the other computer I can try adding it to mine and see if that fixes it for me as well. You should also be able to do that with your own computer as well

Highlighted
Abathkahler
1 Copper

I'm glad someone could find a solution to this problem, could you give me more information to make lights work? I would be very grateful, Dell still does nothing to fix this. 

Highlighted
AllenBronz
1 Copper

My daughter has the Alienware m15 which I bought for her this year. So I logged in and went looking for differences in regards to how the Command Center on her work in comparison to mine.

So I have the Alienware m17 which is basically the same to the m15, just bigger and slightly newer.

I found the following "system" on the m15 registry which I do not have. As you can tell from the picture, it has to deal with Alienware FX.

So I copied the registry entries to my m17 and now my command center works with no error messages. the FX tab works and I can set up and save themes, but the lights still don't work. I'm thinking some of the values in the imported registry are pointing to the wrong areas. 

This is a long shot, but can someone post their registry from their m17 with working lights so that I can see which values are different?

I have been in touch with Alienware support and now I'm at the stage where they want to replace the motherboard. I'm okay with that I guess but I don't think my program is the motherboard.

Reg.jpgReg1.jpgReg2.jpg

Highlighted
Zanovello
1 Copper

Hey Allenbronz, tried the regedit config that you posted, but nothing changed here. My lights are on, but i have no control of them and the alienfx not supported message still showing. Dell still doing nothing to solve this issue.