Highlighted
Zanovello
1 Copper

Re: 17 R5, no supported AlienFX devices were detected

Hey McScruffy, i’m trying to follow your steps... but a need a little help. When you say adm account and user account. How do I change that. A have only one account in my windows, and this one is already and admin account. Is there another admin way to use windows? If there is, how i change between them? Thank you for trying to do what Dell desn’t.

Highlighted
McScruffy
1 Copper

If you have Windows 10 Pro, right click on the Start Menu button at the bottom left of your task bar and select Computer Management.  In the window that opens up navigate to Local Users and Groups-->Users.  In the Users folder there is an account called Administrator that is disabled by default in all versions of Windows.  Double click Administrator, uncheck the box for "Account is disabled," and click OK.  I'd suggest right clicking it after and selecting "Set Password" and setting a secure password because that account has control over everything.

If you don't have Pro or just want the command line version, from your account with admin rights click on the Start Menu and type "cmd" and right click on the Command Prompt app to select Run as Administrator.  Enter the following in the elevated privilege instance you just ran:

net user administrator /active:yes 

Hit enter, then type net user administrator <Password>  (instead of <Password>  put in the actual password you want assigned to the account.

Either way you do it I'd reboot before logging in as the administrator and doing any of the other steps.  Once you've finished (hopefully with success!), I'd also highly recommend disabling the administrator account.  From command line you open the elevated instance as outlined above and instead of typing /active:yes you change to: /active:no

From the first method mentioned you'd go into the properties (double clicking the administrator user in Computer Management) and check the box for "Account is disabled."

Hopefully that helps you and you are able to get it working for you like I was for me!

Zanovello
1 Copper

I’m at work right now, but as soon as i get home, i’ll do as you said. Thank you so much for the quick answer.

Highlighted

Hey Mc scruffy I followed all the steps you mentioned above... i am getting the same message... not working for me... help me... is there any other method i can try?

Highlighted
ZephyrNelo
1 Copper

Was able to fix this by logging into the Administrator account, unlocked it like McScruffy said, with the command line. 
Then, in Add/remove programs, select Alienware Command Center Suite entry, click Modify and then choose Repair.

After this you can check the command center, AlienFX was working without messages immediately.

Logged back into my own account, started AWCC and AlienFx worked immediately without messages or further action required.

Highlighted

Awesome news, thank you so much for the additional steps and we will make sure to include them on the work around 😄 it is highly appreciate your input and we will make sure to use it. At this time since the system is not overheating and the AWCC is working, is there anything else we might help you with? 

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Highlighted
borr12
1 Copper

This worked for me! Thank you so much.

Highlighted

You´re more than welcome! At this time we will proceed to archive your case, within the next few days you might be link to a survey to provide feedback about the service we have provided. Should you need anything else, let us know. We hope you have a wonderful weekend! 

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Highlighted
davehops
1 Copper

Thanks ZephyrNelo, this worked for me too. I didn't even have to enable administrator account or log out/log in as user #1. Still trying to figure out why it broke in the first place...

Highlighted
HumanFlaw
1 Copper

Maybe this simplifies it. I downloaded the updated 10/25 version off dell site (https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=v1yd3) and ran it. Did the uninstall to remove it completely. Ran it again to install and worked perfectly. Have fun. 🙂