Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 24th, 2019 12:00

17 R5, no supported AlienFX devices were detected

WIn 10 64, May update. Alienware 17R5. Bios 1.7, AWCC 5.2.37

Uninstalled, reinstalled. Registry does show that it detects devices, and lights work - I just can't change them

1 Message

September 24th, 2019 12:00

I'm glad someone could find a solution to this problem, could you give me more information to make lights work? I would be very grateful, Dell still does nothing to fix this. 

September 29th, 2019 13:00

My daughter has the Alienware m15 which I bought for her this year. So I logged in and went looking for differences in regards to how the Command Center on her work in comparison to mine.

So I have the Alienware m17 which is basically the same to the m15, just bigger and slightly newer.

I found the following "system" on the m15 registry which I do not have. As you can tell from the picture, it has to deal with Alienware FX.

So I copied the registry entries to my m17 and now my command center works with no error messages. the FX tab works and I can set up and save themes, but the lights still don't work. I'm thinking some of the values in the imported registry are pointing to the wrong areas. 

This is a long shot, but can someone post their registry from their m17 with working lights so that I can see which values are different?

I have been in touch with Alienware support and now I'm at the stage where they want to replace the motherboard. I'm okay with that I guess but I don't think my program is the motherboard.

Reg.jpgReg1.jpgReg2.jpg

15 Posts

September 30th, 2019 17:00

Hey Allenbronz, tried the regedit config that you posted, but nothing changed here. My lights are on, but i have no control of them and the alienfx not supported message still showing. Dell still doing nothing to solve this issue.

October 9th, 2019 12:00

My alienware command center not working after update my windows to 1903. my alienware command center not work properly i uninstall the software and re download the newest version. i did all steps deleting alienware folder in appdata and program data and rigedt and re install the soft ware but dot work it shows a private message said that not supported alienFX were detected.

15 Posts

October 11th, 2019 07:00

Hey McScruffy, i’m trying to follow your steps... but a need a little help. When you say adm account and user account. How do I change that. A have only one account in my windows, and this one is already and admin account. Is there another admin way to use windows? If there is, how i change between them? Thank you for trying to do what Dell desn’t.

15 Posts

October 11th, 2019 08:00

I’m at work right now, but as soon as i get home, i’ll do as you said. Thank you so much for the quick answer.

October 12th, 2019 06:00

Hey Mc scruffy I followed all the steps you mentioned above... i am getting the same message... not working for me... help me... is there any other method i can try?

October 25th, 2019 18:00

My command center just did an update and I lost control.  I had it previously without doing any of these steps.  I only have an Aurora R8 so I dont even know that these steps are worth getting the light control back but man oh man how broken can this be.

October 26th, 2019 10:00

Hi,

I tried everything posted here and all the troubleshooting steps supplied by Dell Support. Nothing worked to get my LED lights to come back on my m17.

Ended up that Dell sent a technician to the house and replaced the motherboard, Now everything works as intended but I am super worried about doing any updates in the fear that it will break again.

October 26th, 2019 17:00

On top of my other issues I do not believe the fan speeds are changing on my Aurora R8

Command center always reports 25% on top fan and 9% on front.  Don't know why.

• 

25K Posts

October 31st, 2019 13:00

Awesome news, thank you so much for the additional steps and we will make sure to include them on the work around it is highly appreciate your input and we will make sure to use it. At this time since the system is not overheating and the AWCC is working, is there anything else we might help you with? 

• 

25K Posts

November 1st, 2019 15:00

You´re more than welcome! At this time we will proceed to archive your case, within the next few days you might be link to a survey to provide feedback about the service we have provided. Should you need anything else, let us know. We hope you have a wonderful weekend! 

1 Message

November 1st, 2019 15:00

This worked for me! Thank you so much.

15 Posts

November 9th, 2019 10:00

McScruffy,

thank you so much. Sorry for not telling you before,  but i’ve just followed your instructions. My alienfx started to work again in step 11 of your steps. Hope that Dell can use your help to fix this in future releases. 

November 16th, 2019 02:00

i bought this alienware laptop before 1 month and the alienware command center was working perfectly but on a sudden the same issue started occuring  to me once i open the alienware command center it says that there is no alienfx device connected and ive tried literaly all possible ways to fix it and really not a single way worked with me so please if you can assist me in this issue ill really be thankful to you and appreciate it!! please fix my issue.

sincerely ali 

No Events found!