Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: 17 R5, no supported AlienFX devices were detected

My command center just did an update and I lost control.  I had it previously without doing any of these steps.  I only have an Aurora R8 so I dont even know that these steps are worth getting the light control back but man oh man how broken can this be.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi,

I tried everything posted here and all the troubleshooting steps supplied by Dell Support. Nothing worked to get my LED lights to come back on my m17.

Ended up that Dell sent a technician to the house and replaced the motherboard, Now everything works as intended but I am super worried about doing any updates in the fear that it will break again.

Highlighted
1 Copper

On top of my other issues I do not believe the fan speeds are changing on my Aurora R8

Command center always reports 25% on top fan and 9% on front.  Don't know why.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Excellent instructions, McScruffy!   Only had to go to step 11 for everything to work normally again.  When I got to Step 12 and ran AWCC,  everything was back to normal!

Thanks again for fixing something Dell Support can't seem to accomplish.  Also found Revo Uninstaller quite handy.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

McScruffy,

thank you so much. Sorry for not telling you before,  but i’ve just followed your instructions. My alienfx started to work again in step 11 of your steps. Hope that Dell can use your help to fix this in future releases. 

Highlighted
2 Bronze

The no alienfx device detected happened again yesterday after a windows 10 update. Solved in control panel -> uninstall programs -> selected awcc and did a repair. This time it worked without having to do the McScruffy steps. After the repair, awcc fx worked even without restarting windows.

Highlighted

After months of AWCC not working whatsoever, and even more months of constant blue keyboard, I'm finally able to control my fan speed and lighting. Thank you for finding a working solution!

I will say that the process didn't exactly follow yours - after Step 17, AWCC's app for some reason uninstalled itself and I had to re-install from the Windows Store (whereupon I had to allow through UAC, enable content with identification, and relaunch.) Additionally, every time I opened the AWCC app afterwards, I had to enable the content through identification. Lastly, in Step 12, trying to run Modify->Repair would always lead to a fatal error 1603. However, I was able to progress to the next steps without incident.

1 Copper

You sir are a genius Thank you!! Had a little issue on the app store since it seemed to be different from the one on the admin account to my regular user account i couldn't find the awcc app for some reason but i accomplished it thank you!!

Highlighted
1 Copper

I can't find any EnableLUA setting in the registry for my computer

Highlighted
1 Copper

I'm glad someone could find a solution to this problem, could you give me more information to make lights work? I would be very grateful, Dell still does nothing to fix this.