Highlighted

Re: $2600 R8 and same problem

@Clarofaro
We assure you our software engineers are working on that matter. But, the complete OS wipeout has proven to have helped other users into fixing their issue. 

Alienware-Jose
Dell | Alienware Technical SupportAlienware Arena
#Iwork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check outAlienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit:YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: G5 15 5590

FYI... 2020 and the problem continues... At least give us an alternative sofware, I can't even change the fan speed 😞

Highlighted

Alien FX (LIghts not working)

@Alienware-Joe As you told me, i have done complete wipe out of windows 10 and when i install AWCC and open the same message "NO SUPPORTED ALIENFX WAS FOUND"...its been 6 months im trying....i did everything from internet and dell website and still it does'nt want to work....this is a shame to dell Alienware team as they charge hell of amount and they dont even know how to fix a tiny issue that make the laptop sad to use......im fed up of emailing dell support to fix my issue...i think even dell team dont know how to fix this issue.....

SHAME ON DELL!!!

1 Copper

Re: 17 R5, no supported AlienFX devices were detected

Reinstall doesn't work, do you have another recommendation?

Highlighted
1 Copper

It appears to be a UAC issue.  I had the same issue after AWCC did an update.  Uninstalled/re-installed in the normal way from my user account.  Turns out that the problem in my case is that the registry is the problem.  By that I mean that when the update installed it did not use administrative rights even though my use account has full administrative rights.  So I ended up having to uninstall from the Administrator account and use a registry cleaner to get rid of all references in the the registry user accounts to the AWCC software.  Used Revo Uninstaller to do it rather than Windows control panel.  Downloaded the latest version of AWCC and OC Controls from Dell Support and installed them in the Administrator account using the 'Run as Administrator' command (right click on install file).   This fixed everything and AWCC ran without a hitch after that in Administrator account.  I think I also had to re-install in the user account as well.  I had a big long post on how to do this but Dell's system tagged it as spam and deleted it.  I hope this message isn't wiped out by them, too.

Highlighted

No its not working... i tried all you steps carefully 5 times but still no luck.... i even tried clean wipeout of windows but still no luck..

Highlighted
2 Iron

17 R5 continues to be dark and install of updated AWCC says AlienFX devices not detected (again). When is Dell / Alienware going to write good code?