Zen Svelte
1 Copper

Re: 17 R5, no supported AlienFX devices were detected

Hey, I don't quite understand this. Could you give a detailed instruction on what you did, rather than a story explanation? Sorry if the way I worded this sounds rude. I'm not trying to be at all, but I can't find a better way to ask this. I've been having a lot of issues lately with the Command Center and lights and this seems like a promising solution, but I can't get a strong understanding of what it is you are saying you did

0 Kudos
Mighty Mark
1 Copper

mine too, dark. tried all the steps in these posts still dark, but worked fine before reinstalling windows, I noticed the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alienware\OC Controls is missing the system folder and .02 folder that contains the FX drivers. but I haven't found a way to get those files. 

the way I found this is I used my wife's 17 R5 bought same configuration as mine same time hers the lights work and has those files mine don't work and are missing them.

0 Kudos
Mighty Mark
1 Copper

talked to dell all they say is try a older version or reinstall the newer one for the 150th time. tried both those options too.  Still dark. don't even light on boot, I'm at a loss

0 Kudos
Zanovello
1 Copper

Dell programers seems to be lost too. This is an old problem (just search in other forums), that is anoying costumers for a while. In months, no definitive solution. Don’t think that they (Dell) will ever solve this problem. Looks like they are waiting for a costumer solution, lile the ones posted here in previous pages.

0 Kudos
Zen Svelte
1 Copper

I can't find any EnableLUA setting in the registry for my computer

0 Kudos
Zen Svelte
1 Copper

Ay, you should copy those files and send them here for us

0 Kudos
Zen Svelte
1 Copper

If you can send the files from the OC Controls on the other computer I can try adding it to mine and see if that fixes it for me as well. You should also be able to do that with your own computer as well

0 Kudos
Abathkahler
1 Copper

I'm glad someone could find a solution to this problem, could you give me more information to make lights work? I would be very grateful, Dell still does nothing to fix this. 

0 Kudos
AllenBronz
1 Copper

My daughter has the Alienware m15 which I bought for her this year. So I logged in and went looking for differences in regards to how the Command Center on her work in comparison to mine.

So I have the Alienware m17 which is basically the same to the m15, just bigger and slightly newer.

I found the following "system" on the m15 registry which I do not have. As you can tell from the picture, it has to deal with Alienware FX.

So I copied the registry entries to my m17 and now my command center works with no error messages. the FX tab works and I can set up and save themes, but the lights still don't work. I'm thinking some of the values in the imported registry are pointing to the wrong areas. 

This is a long shot, but can someone post their registry from their m17 with working lights so that I can see which values are different?

I have been in touch with Alienware support and now I'm at the stage where they want to replace the motherboard. I'm okay with that I guess but I don't think my program is the motherboard.

Reg.jpgReg1.jpgReg2.jpg

0 Kudos
Zanovello
1 Copper

Hey Allenbronz, tried the regedit config that you posted, but nothing changed here. My lights are on, but i have no control of them and the alienfx not supported message still showing. Dell still doing nothing to solve this issue.

0 Kudos