Highlighted
2 Bronze

17 R5, not detecting AGA, but the graphic card works

Originally the graphic amplifier was able to be detected. However, I wasn't able to use the loopback mode. So I decided to reinstall the computer to see if it would solve the problem. Yet, it created another problem. Now the amplifier cannot be detected and the emblem does not light up anymore.

Furthermore, I can hot swap the internal gpu and external gpu without rebooting the computer.

After all, I was wondering if there is any fix for the amplifier to work properly?

Alienware 17 R5
Graphic Card: ASUS GTX1080Ti Turbo
Driver's up-to-date

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Not Detecting Graphic Amplifier, but the graphic card wo

Hi @Hstanez,

Make sure you follow the steps on this video to make sure the amplifier was setup in a proper way.

Also reinstall the Command Center and finally, make sure the BIOS is up up to date.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi is their a solution? or can you refund cost for graphics card and amplifier if your harware is not doing what it's supposed to?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Same here, i tried everything from restarting/reinstalling but still doenst work and following the video one by one 😞 Anyone knows how to fix this? i have a 17 r5 with 1070 Dgpu and MSI Aero GTX 1070 ti in my Alienware graphics dock. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hello! Could you solve your problem? I'm in the same situation...

0 Kudos
1 Copper

Re: 17 R5, not detecting AGA, but the graphic card works

did you end up fixing this???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I have just bought a graphics amp and am trying to get working with Alienware R5, did Dell offer any solution to this? I think I have Michael Dell's email floating around somewhere....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

Hi @Hstanez Guess that the current AWCC has been installed. What is the AWCC FX 2.0 status? Evidently, AWCC has problems with the 17 R5 in combination with the amp 2000, see Here

AlienFX 2.0 SettingsAlienFX 2.0 Settings

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Cadmium

Hi @Hstanez  the Intel Driver Support Assistant Here will identify your products and get driver and software updates for most of your Intel hardware. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

So the GPU works and it’s not being detected.

Then Have you clicked the Graphics amp button on the keyboard with the FN Key + F1?

Alienware 18 R1 4940MX 4.6GHz, RTX 2080, 32GB DDR3
Alienware 17 R5 i9-8950HK 4.5GHz, GTX 1080 OC, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz
Alienware 15 R1 4710HQ 4.1GHz, GTX 980M, 16GB DDR3
M18x R2 3930MX 4.1GHz, SLI GTX 980M, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
M17x R5 Core i7-4700MQ 3.7GHz, GTX 980M, 32GB DDR3 1600MHz
My YouTube channel = Area 51 A L X

If my reply solved the issue, please click the, "Accept as Solution" button!

0 Kudos