Highlighted
1 Copper

17 R5, start up issue, beep combo 3-2-1

Hi,

I bought an AW 17 R5 about a week ago. I haven't had any issues with it until yesterday. I left it on and unplugged while I was at work so the battery drained completely. I had the power cable plugged into the laptop before I plugged it into the wall. When I try to turn it on the screen remains black, however all other lights turn on. The laptop then start beeping, the beep combo is 3-2-1. I have researched the issue a little and have tried to follow some trouble shooting steps, but it continues to do the same thing. If anyone could give me a little insight to what the issue might be I would greatly appreciate it. 

Also, I cannot take it to a Dell store as I am currently "deployed" in Kuwait.

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: 17 R5, start up issue, beep combo 3-2-1

Hi, 

Are you able to boot into the F12 Boot menu or the F2 Bios menu? If you are able to access the Boot menu, you can try running a PSA diagnostic test to check the main hardware components. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: 17 R5, start up issue, beep combo 3-2-1

No, the screen always stayed black no matter what i did. I got lucky and the store i bought it from had a 15 day return policy and it broke on day 12. I returned that PoS and got my money back and bought an MSI GE75 Raider. Much happier now.