I'm re-posting this from the AlienwareArena forums as I've received no responses :
I recently bought an Alienware 17 R5. I've had no real issues with it except for some bluescreens related to the Killer NIC / wifi chipset but, since I installed driver updates, I've had no more bluescreens. I'm now experiencing a new strange problem though : I have a wifi network where the access points are Netgear "Orbi WiFi System (RBK50) AC3000". I have one main access point and two satellites. To get to the point, when I leave my laptop on for a long time, such as overnight, then I'll be able to connect to my wifi network but I have no Internet access. The only solution I've found is to reboot the laptop. Note that my laptop has the "Killer 1550 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0" option installed. Also, note that my laptop is set to "performance mode" in power options in Windows 10 and the only thing that turns off is the screen.
None of my other devices seem to be experiencing any problems.
I keep experiencing the above problem as I left my laptop for a few hours, and I experienced the same behavior and had to reboot. When my network connection went wonky, about the only site I could access was www.google.com, but, in any browser, if I clicked on the search results, I'd get the following errors, in Chrome and IE respectively :
This website could not be found.
Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND"
Firefox didn't give me any errors but it did nothing when trying to connect to anything, as if I had not even pressed enter -- strange.
It sound to me like there's some kind of strange DNS problem.
I'm at a lost as to how to fix this or what the exact problem is.
If anyone can suggest a solution or if you've had similar problems, please let me know.
Go to the post following in the forum. There seems to be a number of issues with the Killer wifi card.
I'm having precisely the same issue, but haven't found a fix just yet. I've tried removing the Killer Suite and installing the drivers from the .inf files on the site, but to no avail.
I also have dual stack IPv4/IPv6, Google WiFi as infrastructure. It seems like TCP gets gummed up somehow, but I'm just using the software that came with the laptop.
Thanks for the links and suggestions. Unfortunately, none of them worked for me so far. The first two only apply to Microsoft Edge, which I don't use. As for "ipconfig /flushdns", I had already tried that to no avail. I just reset netsh and we'll see if that clears anything up, but I'm not hopeful.
Everyday, I have to restart my machine because of this problem. I wish there was some way to fix it.
Well, after having reset netsh, again, today I had to reboot my laptop. I'm having the same problem where there seems to be an Internet connection but I can't navigate to any page in a web browser.
My Killer chipset drivers had already been updated and the Killer Suite un-installed ( it was causing bluescreens ), but, that has not helped the issue.
There is some type of serious problem with the WiFi in the Alienware 17 R5.