Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 27th, 2018 21:00

A-Volute 3D Sound, has a startup UAC warning

There is a User Account Control warning every time i start my computer which says that A-Volute_3D_Sound_Experts is trying to make a change to my hard drive. It started occurring after a system upgrade. The originating file is "C:\Program Files\Alienware\AWSoundCenter\UserInterface\AWSoundCenterUILauncher.exe"

Is there a home solution to fix this? Thanks!

September 29th, 2019 06:00

Yep.  See this new thread.

1 Message

September 5th, 2018 08:00

Hi,
Go on https://nahimic.helprace.com and explain exactly the problem and how you experienced it (Windows version, build, AWSC version,..). You can also add screenshot to help them :) 

Best Regards

1 Message

May 8th, 2019 07:00

Yes. Tricky to sort out, but yes.

Just open the task manager, then go to 'start' Tab.

Here appear all programs that are launched at startup, including the nagging one: nhAsusStrix. It nags you because it needs admin rights to access hardware, and AUC requires manual confirmation for this.

You can either disable the program at startup (right-clic, unactivate),

or give it permanent admin rights so it can run without asking UAC confirmation (right-clic, properties, compatibility tab, Execute program as Admin tick).

You may never disable UAC. Never ever. 

Cheers,

6 Posts

September 28th, 2019 11:00

I'm getting dozens of these popups WITHOUT rebooting. They point to "C:\Program Files\Alienware\AWSoundCenter\UserInterface\x64\AWSoundCenterSvc64.exe", which will pop up another if I double-click it. Can't be fixed by changing startup files! And nothing in this folder is new, so the problem isn't a recent update to this software. It seems to have started with a Windows 10 update, which probably stepped on something Dell doesn't notice needs to be fixed.

Any solutions out there?

IMG_7052.jpg

1 Message

October 6th, 2019 14:00

Works! Giving the program admin rights stopped the A-Volute pop-up. Thanks!

6 Posts

October 10th, 2019 08:00

The only way that I have found to have Nahimic 2 start automatically at login without tripping UAC is to:
1) create a remove the startup definition so Windows does not try to launch it at login
2) define a Task Scheduler instance that is triggered on any user login. Do not forget to edit the entry and add the /noUI parameter! Just changing the properties of the executable to Run as Administrator generates a Windows exception and prevents the program from launching

3 Posts

October 15th, 2019 20:00

Horrible solution. No one can follow that gibberish 

How about  you:

1. click on the start button flag next to leftt the Cortana box unless your task bar is positioned vertically
in which the cortana box shows as a magnifying glass below the flag positioned above the magifying glass(Cortana text box).

2. Type Startup in the type here to search cortana text box.

3.  Note the following Startup Apps screen and turn off the AWSoundCenter

See screenshot:

AwSoundCenter_2019-10-15_23-30-10.png

1 Message

October 17th, 2019 22:00

ended  up having to do that to about 4 files

1 Message

October 24th, 2019 11:00

Here is how to fix the problem straight from Dell support:  Select disable on startup as the permanent 'fix' to the Alienware Sound Center.  Do this in the 'startup items' folder in Settings on Windows 10.  AW Soundcenter is the app to select to not startup during startup.  Note: the good news is that you still have access to using the AW sound center anytime after starting up.  Good Luck, it works like a charm on my Alienware.

1 Message

November 6th, 2019 11:00

Ctrl-Alt-Delete to the task manager, the Startup tab, disable and your problem solved!

November 7th, 2019 14:00

Hi....solved from the first trial. Thanks

1 Message

December 3rd, 2019 22:00

Locate the file that is specified in the error UAC message. Right click on it > properties > compatibility > change settings for all users > check "run this program as administrator"

Problem solved

1 Message

February 27th, 2020 09:00

I resolved doing this...

1. When pop up appears, click on show more details.

2. Take a picture of the program location (if you can't open file explorer)

3. Find the program location

4. Right click, and go to properties

5. Scroll down, and check the box for run as admin. (do this for all programs applicable)

6. Click apply and okay

7. Restart

No Events found!