Namo800
1 Nickel

AGA, RTX 2080 Ti, setup

I just bought an Alienware Graphics Amplifier and Also an RTX 2080 TI , I setted it up placed the card and connected it to computer . Installed drivers for Amplifier and the card .

When I open the device manager I can see the card under the Display Adaptors but when I `run` dxdiag it doesn't show up in the Display section . " It only says Microsoft Basic Display Adapter " 

Also I can not open the Nvidia Control Panel . " You are not currently using a display attached to Nvidia GPU " 

It seems my laptop screen is not detecting the GPU ?

Can you please help me fix this .. 

Thanks !

5 Replies
Namo800
1 Nickel

Re: Alienware Graphics Amplifier question

Hey did you managed to solve your issue ? Cause I have the same one 

Re: AGA, RTX 2080 Ti, setup

@Namo800,

PM answered.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
rpbreaux
1 Nickel

I am also having the same problem with any card I put in the aga. Only card I can get to work is the 980 that I purchased with it. I have tried a 1050 1060, and a rtx 2080 all with no luck. Only card I was able to get to work in it was a radeon 580. . 

DougalAW
1 Nickel

Don't have an AGA myself, but I've seen numerous posts that confirm that from some point last year, you need to use GeForce Experience to install drivers for eGPU's. Have any of you tried that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rpbreaux
1 Nickel

I've tried everything. With and without geforce experience.  With notebook, with desktop drivers  Everything I can find on the internet. The only nvidia card i can get to work on it is my 980 that I bought at the same time as the computer and aga. I was able to get a AMD rx580 to work easily. 

0 Kudos