jakeLP
Bronze

ALIENWARE 17r3 should i install old bios

hello,

first sorry for my bad English

should i downgrade my bios?

my current BIOS Version is 1.6.1, but alien ware update application suggestion is to download the old version of bios update/downgrade to 1.1.0 version ALIENWARE UPDATE APP, SUGGEST TO DOWNGRADE

so i searched and from what I've read from dell article and some anonymous users all bios version should be installed. should it be? and then i

(i'm sorry about this. dell doesn't recommend to downgrade, the reason is to some other matters. and what i've read from anonymous user, bios should be installed form oldest to newest. 1.1.0 (A00), to 1.6.1 )

then i tried to install the old bios but unfortunately
1.6.1 version is protected. can't flash 1.1.0 version1.6.1 version is protected. can't flash 1.1.0 version

my warranty has ended so i need to be sure before do this thing.
looking forward to right and suggested reply. THANKS!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JOcean
Gold

Re: ALIENWARE 17r3 should i install old bios

If your system is running well, then I would not update the BIOS. I have to admit that I have never heard of an older BIOS being recommended. Dell systems are touchy shall we say about trying to downgrade a BIOS.

0 Kudos
jakeLP
Bronze

@JOcean wrote:

If your system is running well, then I would not update the BIOS. I have to admit that I have never heard of an older BIOS being recommended. Dell systems are touchy shall we say about trying to downgrade a BIOS.

i'm sorry about some false info. i re-write my post. thanks for the reply!

0 Kudos
ThomasAAT
Silver

No, dont run the update. This is a known bug in the Alienware update program. I dont use that program to check for drivers. I use Dell supportassist. That has been a good program after the latest update.