I was quite frustrated when my Alienware 17 R2 (2015, Intel HD Graphic 4600, NVidia GTX 980M) auto goes dimming everytime. When I browsed the bright webpage or apps, the brightness goes 100%; however, when I work on dark webpage or apps like Steam, it auto dims to 25% or 0%. I tried all of these methods but they seem don't work for me:
1. Adaptive Brightness in Power Management: Turn off
2. Control Panel --> Services --> Disabled Intel Dynamic Application Loader Host
3. Intel HD Graphic Control Panel --> Disabled Extended Battery & Display Power Saving Technology
4. Drivers of NVidia already updated.
5. Laptop is always plugged in, no concern about power source.
Anything else I can do for this? Please help since it's quite annoying and I've got some headache with that.
Thanks so much in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit:
Also, on windows 10, if this occurs on your alienware 17 R5, it could be your (tobii) eye-tracking:
windows > tobii core > interactions > power > dim brightness = off
Sir, Ive got the same dimming problem on my aw15r4 and I don't know how to solve it. I don't have the tobii eye tracking system neither the alienfx. What can I do, Sr.? Thanks in advance.