Dax3
Copper

AW15R3 New Bios Update terrible ! Too hot to touch

I recently Updated the Bios of my Laptop through the Support Assist application, Ever since it it is too hot even to touch while playing competitive games ! When I first Bought this laptop(3 months ago) I got constant FPS, With the 2 or 3 updates I got in the past weeks, The quality is constantly degrading ! This is During the stress test I took today, https://i.imgur.com/dWI3e77.png Tried Restoring System to earlier point (Noob) There is NO difference The last time I took it , The maximum was 88 degrees where still I got unplayable frame rates Now Its even worse with 98 Degrees, Very Constant Frame rate drops ! The Updates are terrible, Each time I update I do it so that that it gets better but its the vice versa here, Please Help, Thanks Alienware 15R3 Windows 10 Memory: 16 GB Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz[Cores 4] [Logical/Core 2] GTX 1070 8 GB,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Recon_R
Bronze

Re: AW15R3 New Bios Update terrible ! Too hot to touch

Pretty safe to say your frame drops are due to the CPU throttling.  I'd be willing to bet Dell would send a technician out to replace your heat sink.  

0 Kudos

Re: AW15R3 New Bios Update terrible ! Too hot to touch

Hi @Dax3,

Send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can review your case. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos