Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 27th, 2020 11:00

AW558 DPI (AWCC - Not there?)

Hey everyone, I want to change my mouse DPI setting. I used to be able to do this in a specific program (cant remember the name) however, when I google it - everything points towards Command Centre. (AWCC)
I have the most up-to date version of this but cant find where I do this? It has nothing about my AW558 mouse at all.

Just to confirm, I want to control the specific value of my DPI (600/800/1600) on my mouse, and not just the pointer speed within windows mouse settings.

Any ideas?

8 Posts

July 29th, 2020 03:00

Hello.

Not sure if the link you provided is the correct one however, I have solved the issue. Not sure how though.

Long story short,

I deleted ALL files and programs and drivers that had "Alienware" in the name. 

I uninstalled the programs, deleted from %programdata%, %appdata% , RegistryEditor, Program Files + (x86).

Once this was done, I carried out a factory reset on the laptop, doing this threw up a lot of Alienware warnings on start up, saying it cant gather information or download certain drivers etc.

I then went onto the Dell site, inputted my laptop details, let the automatic feature scan my drivers and hardware and then install all programs and drivers it suggested. 

Then... there it was. I got a pop up saying "Your mouse is connected.....adjust settings here..." 

BOOM!

Lastly, Dell... if you're reading this. You have 2 programs, named the same thing? Sort it out.

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

July 27th, 2020 13:00

NOTE: Adjustable DPI ( DPI stands for Dots Per Inch)
• On􏰀the􏰀􏰁y D􏰂I button allows you to instantly change mouse tracking resolution during game play.
• Mouse allows setting up to three tracking resolution. (Default resolution setting: 800, 1600 and 3200 DPI)
• 􏰂ushing left side of D􏰂I button reduces the dpi while pushing the right side increases D􏰂I.
• The LED color for 3 D􏰂I stages.
Low resolution Middle resolution High resolution

8 Posts

July 28th, 2020 02:00

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. I understand the button is adjustable and has preset settings however, there is a way to change the DPI manually. I want to be able to change the 3 values that you mentioned (800,1600,2300).

So unfortunately, this did not solve my issue.

When I see all the videos online of AWCC, I can't find a recent one but the versions look different to the one I have. The videos I see online have the mouse and DPI settings I require, my version doesn't. I have included a screenshot of my AWCC page.

https://ibb.co/2SYMsSv

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

July 28th, 2020 06:00

You have a 17 R4 or R5 right?

They only added support for the R5 with the new command center and every last revision of the laptops.

AW COMMAND CENTER V4.x

Alienware 17 R1-5

Alienware 15 R1-4

Alienware 13 R1-3

————————————————

A L I E N W A R E COMMAND CENTER V5.x

Area-51m R1-2

M17 R1-3

M15 R1-3

17 R5

8 Posts

July 28th, 2020 08:00

I have the Alienware 17 R4.

I have used the AWCC program before to change my DPI settings, so why the layout change and removal of this feature (IF this is even the solution)

8 Posts

July 28th, 2020 09:00

Just so you know what I am looking for : https://ibb.co/f8CMhGz In this image, you see on the top left there is a "macro" and "settings" button, the DPI is within that settings button. This is the program I used to use, or this version of it.

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

July 28th, 2020 10:00

You can download it here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

July 29th, 2020 06:00

Good job!

No Events found!