Levinano
Bronze

AWCC.Background.Server... what is it??

There's always this thing running in my task manager always taking up a few gigs of my ram, so what is it?

0 Kudos
11 Replies

Re: AWCC.Background.Server... what is it??

Hi, 

That is the Alienware Command Center software. Are you experiencing any performance problems. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Levinano
Bronze

It's coming in conflict with a game I'm playing. The game changes the settings and freezes the lighting applied by AWCC and sometimes AWCC crashes the game with a "not enough RAM"  message. I have 16GBs and am running nothing but the game, there's no way that's true.

When the game messes up my lighting, I have to reinstall AWCC for anything to work anymore. When AWCC crashes my game, it crashes on startup due to a corrupt file and I have to redownload the game. 

So, how do I stop AWCC from affecting my game, and vice versa? I was told to right click on the AWCC in the taskbar and stop other applications from affecting AWCC but now I'm told that the new versions of AWCC isn't even in the taskbar. So where do I do this?

0 Kudos

Hi, 

Thanks for explaining this. Send me your Service Tag in a PM, so we can look further into this. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos

I am also having this issue, the memory usage keeps increasing and making my games shut down due to low memory.

0 Kudos
GerryJaden
Bronze

i have the same issue, on a lot of games (not just some), the AWCC.Background.Server is takeing alot of RAM (3-8 GB), and i'm not even sure why, since there is no reason for that big amound of RAM needed. The Games are closing cuz there is no RAM left for the game. Is there any solution for this? Its freaking me off. I've even deinstalled the Alienware Command Center. After that 2 of the games i play not even starts. I Installed the AWCC again and they start again.

0 Kudos
domitca
Bronze

What Version of AWCC are you getting these errors on? also can you comfirm whether its AWCC <Profanity removed> up the memory? It's possible there is a memory leak from the AWCC. Although im not having this issue on AWCC 4.7.9 it may be present on a different release.

0 Kudos
GerryJaden
Bronze

The AWCC version is 5.2.1.0 A00 - and most of the time the Service is getting in struggles. Aswell i can see it happen when the lightning ist struggeling, like the picked default design just stop working and the keyboard starts getting non lights

0 Kudos
GerryJaden
Bronze

I've deinstalled the 5.2 Version and installed the 5.0 version. Now there is no game at all starting for any reason, just a Black Screen when i start a game. So back to the 5.2 version

0 Kudos
Ericzkh
Copper

I have the same problem. Did you solve this problem?

0 Kudos