Start a Conversation

Unsolved

SG

5 Posts

June 14th, 2019 22:00

AlienFX, changes colors/themes, but goes to "sleep"

I can change colors and themes and the CC shows the new colors/themes but immediately after taking effect, everything seems to go to sleep. I have checked everything I can think of and have even uninstalled and reinstalled (using Dell's instructions) but nothing changes. Help please.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 17th, 2019 10:00

Hi @Samantha Gandy

Send me a private message (by clicking my Alienware-name) with the Alienware PC service tag so I can review your case.

June 20th, 2019 12:00

According to Dell, I now have the latest and greatest BIOS.

This problem started approximately 2 weeks ago, maybe longer (another 2 weeks maybe)
According to the file I downloaded from Dell ACC version no. is 5.2.37_AOO
Samantha Gandy

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 20th, 2019 15:00

Ok Samatha,

So, you can try a system restore back to a date when it was working fine or uninstall and reinstall the AWCC following ALL the steps in this article:

https://dell.to/2IZuJcV

And then install this AWCC verson:

https://dell.to/2IYdwRh

If the issue persists, please contact our out of warranty department at 866 287 6727 opt#4, for more options.

June 22nd, 2019 01:00

The first link you provided gave me an "500 Server Error.

I have a feeling these are the instructions regarding cleaning the regedit, etc.  If I am correct, I've done this 5 times already but will try a 6th time.

As for your 2nd link, again, I have 5 copies of this particular software already installed.  Again, I will follow the instructions provided and install it for the 6th time.

I will not restore my system.  That is an extreme solution to a "temporary problem."

I have one more question.  Does this have to do with the bad BIOS I keep reading about?

Sincerely,

Samantha Gandy

June 22nd, 2019 13:00

Unfortunately, it didn't work all the way.  I have the games, I have Fusion.  I have no FX, no Game Mode nor Resource Monitoring. 

I did get a message saying I had no FX devices and once a device has been added, the installation will complete.

What is that message and why am I getting it.

Sincerely,

Samantha Gandy

June 22nd, 2019 13:00

Also, where are the macro key setup?
No Events found!