Highlighted
Kamkam336
1 Copper

Alienware 13 R3 Motherboard issue

Hey all! I am a long time alirnware customer, first time on the forums. I have an Alienware 13r3 that is not working properly. It will no longer recognize the 1060 no matter how you go about it. If you fn7 and boot it on the discrete card there is major artifacting so I am assuming it got cooked. I am running latest bios, tried fresh windows install, tried Dell GPU driver, tried newest Nvidia driver all comes back saying driver cannot find compatible hardware.My question is if I replace it with the newer i7 7700hq board (mine has the 6700hq) will it fit in my chasis? Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Alienware 13 R3 Motherboard issue

Hi @Kamkam336 ,

Yes, as long as it is an Alienware 13 R3 motherboard, it should fit without issues.

The chassis is the same regardless of the specs.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Kamkam336
1 Copper

Perfect thank you! Just wondering, would it be worth sending to get looked at? It runs perfectly minus the 1060 no longer being recognosed. Pretty sure it's going to result in a motherboard swap tho.

0 Kudos

@Kamkam336,

You can call Sales at 866 287 6727 opt4 to get a quote. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos