Highlighted
carlopro
1 Copper

Alienware 15 R2 - Battery failure messages boot

Dear all, Every time I switch on my Alienware (Alienware 15R2 - Bios 1.6.1) I have to press twice F1 since there are two messages informing me that the battery is not working anymore. I am disappointed with the battery but I don't want to replace it and I use my laptop only under charge. I would like to know if there is a way to boot the laptop without pushing twice F1 and without any battery check (so directly windows), so that I don't waste time waiting for the messages. Thank you
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Re: Alienware 15 R2 - Battery failure messages boot

Remove the battery from the system.  The error messages cannot otherwise be suppressed.

0 Kudos
carlopro
1 Copper

I wanted to avoid that, apparently I have to remove many components (including the motherboard) before removing the battery in my Alienware.
0 Kudos

Hi @carlopro,

You can just disconnect the battery cable. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
carlopro
1 Copper

Hi, do you have a guide on how to disconnet that cable? Thank you
0 Kudos

@carlopro,

You can use this video as a guide on how to disconnect the batter cable (until second 33).

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo