harshit.s
1 Copper

Alienware 15 R2 Capslock indicator light doesn't turn on/off with the key press.

I am experiencing an issue with the capslock indicator light of Alienware 15 R2. Sometimes the caps lock led doesn't turn on/off when the caps lock key is pressed. And after few more key presses, it starts working normally for a while.

The keyboard keys are fine. The capslock turns on/off each time the key is pressed. The issue is with the capslock LED light only.

I took my system to Dell Authorised Service Center and so far they have replaced the motherboard, keyboard and the status light board. But the issue is still not resolved.

Has anyone experienced this issue ? Do you about the possible fix? Is there any way to report this bug to the firmware development team of Dell so that they can fix the issue with a Driver update?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Alienware 15 R2 Capslock indicator light doesn't turn on/off with the key press.

Hi, 

Considering all of the parts that were replaced, this could be a software issue. Have you by any chance tested an external keyboard to confirm if the same thing happens with the Caps lock key?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos