mlauzon1976
Copper

Alienware 15 R3 (2016): Camera Works, But Not For Facebook

I am trying to chat with one of my friends on facebook, while the camera works everywhere else, it won't work for facebook, I can see them as there camera is working, but they just get the static image of me.  I'm showing red icons for the camera & microphone, although my friend can hear me -- not very well -- I suspect this is the problem, but I am not sure how to fix it.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hurricane86
Bronze

Re: Alienware 15 R3 (2016): Camera Works, But Not For Facebook

Does the camera work for any other browser applications that would use the camera? My first guess is that the browser has not been given permission to view the camera feed. 

0 Kudos
mlauzon76
Copper

'...while the camera works everywhere else...'

The browser has been given permission.

0 Kudos
Hurricane86
Bronze

"everywhere else" is a bit vague, it . could have meant other websites.. or simply just apps that use the camera other than the browser so I could not be sure. It's possible facebook needs additional permissions for the camera beyond what have been granted at the browser level. Have you contact their support staff?  If you have access to a USB webcam could you verify if the behavior is the same? 

0 Kudos
mlauzon76
Copper

It works in Skype, etc. I have posted the question on their [facebook's] support forum. I don't have another camera, so I can't check.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos