samar93
1 Nickel

Alienware 15 R3 suddenly turned off and not turning on

My laptop was working just fine and it was plugged in, then suddenly it turned off. I tried to turn it on but it won't respond. The charging light is not indicating anything even when the charger is connected. Nothing happens when i press the power button. I disconnected the battery and pressed the power button for 30 seconds to ground the system and then connected the battery but it still won't work. Whats wrong with this system its only 10 months old.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Alienware 15 R3 suddenly turned off and not turning on

Hi @samar93!

Just to confirm, the light on the AC adapter is not turning on at all? Even if you disconnect/reconnect it from the wall socket?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Tammy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
samar93
1 Nickel

The AC adapter is working. The alienware logo which indicates charging is not glowing. There is no response from the machine when i press the power button to turn it on.
0 Kudos
samar93
1 Nickel

I contacted Dell customer support in Germany. They told me its either the DC plug in circuit or the motherboard. I will be really surprised if the motherboard failed considering this machine is only 10 months old. Can someone give me an idea about how much it will cost here in Germany to get the motherboard replaced in worst case scenario. Core i7 7700 HQ GTX 1070 8GB
0 Kudos

Your system may still be in warranty. Send me your Service Tag in a PM, so we can check the warranty status. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Tammy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos