Highlighted
SameytheHedgie
1 Nickel

Alienware 15 R4 Keyboard no longer works or lights up.

Jump to solution

Hi, I recently got my new laptop about a month ago, on the 19th of December, and just last night, my Keyboard completely gave out. It wont respond to its keys being pressed, the lights on it wont even turn on (in fact the entire laptops light system wont turn on, except the power button) and the touch pad doesn't seem to work at any time EXCEPT the login screen. It started acting like this before I updated the bios, and so far I've restarted the laptop multiple times, tried uninstalling the driver for the keyboard and restarting the system to let it re-download the driver on its own, and I'm thinking of having to reset the entire computer (I already have my important files backed up on a usb driver, so if I have to I don't have to worry about losing anything). I'm currently using a old usb keyboard I had lying around which works fine, and my wireless mouse works fine too (I dont normally use the touchpad anyway, but its still a bit worry some) Can anyone help? I'm losing hope, and googles not helped at all, in any way shape or form...
Any help would be appreciated..!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MotorDonkey
2 Iron

Re: Alienware 15 R4 Keyboard no longer works or lights up.

Jump to solution

If it's less than 30 days old, return it for a replacement. I not, get it repaired under warranty.

SameytheHedgie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Alright, it seems to be my only option anyway.. Glad I got everything backed up beforehand. Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
JustRoy
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I had my keyboard spontaneously stop working under certain conditions (like random Overwatch games) and found the Alienware TacTx software to be involved. When I closed this, the random keyboard "disconnect" would not happen.

Your issue sounds different, but I can imagine some buggy software to be involved.

Perhaps consider starting in safe mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode) and see if it helps.

0 Kudos
SameytheHedgie
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Ah, well I already had it sent in for repairs, so if it comes back and I start having the problem again I'll see if itsbuggy software. Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos