Highlighted
DaanKroonen
1 Nickel

Alienware 15 r3 Performance loss

I've had my laptop since the end of june last year. Back then I had no problem to run any game on max settings, mainly Black Ops 3. But around 3 months ago I started experiencing freezes, fps drops and games just randomly crashing. Even when I started up Black Ops 3, what I could easely run on max setting, it was lagging like crazy on low settings. Now with most the games I play I experience the things I mentiont, mainly in Black Ops 3, World war 2, Assassins Creed Origings, Fortnite and some more. 
If anyone knows a fix or something I can try to fix this, please help.

Also, I have a i7 7820HK (2.9 GHZ base, 4.4 Clocked) is it possible to overclock this cpu?

Overall specs:
CPU: i7 7820HK
GPU: GTX 1070 (driver version 391.35)
RAM: 32GB

Hope someone can help.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Alienware 15 r3 Performance loss

Hi @DaanKroonen,

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let us know if you receive any errors. 

Also, make sure the BIOS is to date, as well as the video driver. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
DaanKroonen
1 Nickel

Re: Alienware 15 r3 Performance loss

Thanks @Alienware-Eimy for your reply.

I ran the test, there where no errors. It did take around 4 hours to complete, I don't know if that's normal or not.

My bios and video driver are both running the latest driver.

0 Kudos