Highlighted
DaanKroonen
1 Nickel

Alienware 15 r3 Performance loss

I've had my laptop since the end of june last year. Back then I had no problem to run any game on max settings, mainly Black Ops 3. But around 3 months I started experiencing freezes, fps drops and games just randomly crashing. Even when I started up Black Ops 3, what I could easely run on max setting, it was lagging like crazy on low settings. Now with most the games I play I experience the things I mentiont, mainly in Black Ops 3, World war 2, Assassins Creed Origings, Fortnite and some more. 

If anyone knows a fix or something I can try to fix this, please help.

Also, I have a i7 7820HK (2.9 GHZ base, 4.4 Clocked) is it possible to overclock this cpu?

Overall specs:

CPU: i7 7820HK

GPU: GTX 1070 (driver version 391.35)

RAM: 32GB

Hope someone can help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n0iz_
1 Copper

Re: Alienware 15 r3 Performance loss

Having the same issue with my Alienware 17 R4 with 1071 on board, service tag <Service Tag removed> .
It seems that all people with Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU are starving atm, more details here https://communities.intel.com/thread/119093?start=600&tstart=0

I hope that we will hear some news and updates on this issue from Dell, cause such weird performance issues are not the things you expect when buying hi-end laptops.

Sry about my english, not native.

0 Kudos