Highlighted
evanr11
2 Bronze

Alienware 17 Can't make OC profile in Command Center Fusion

Jump to solution

I have a new Alienware 17 R5 when I open Command Center and go to the Fusion tab I don't have an option to create an overclock profile.

alienware_17_R5_command_center_fusion_01.PNG

Is there something I'm missing? I've looked up the help guide and I don't see the button it mentions.
alienware_17_R5_command_center_fusion_02.PNG

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
surajG
1 Copper

Re: Alienware 17 Can't make OC profile in Command Center Fus

Jump to solution

Exact same issue. I had it in a previous version of CC though.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi 
@evanr11,

Make sure the BIOS and the Command Center version are up to date. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
evanr11
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I reinstalled all of the Alienware Command Center and updated the BIOS, still no option to over clock.

How do I determine what the version of Command Center I'm running?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Please reply with your CPU model. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
evanr11
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have the Intel Core i7 8750H 

Also, I have a driver that keeps installing wrong:

Screenshot 2018-06-30 15.28.05.png

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Unfortunately this feature is not available for that processor and model. The processor will work @ Turbo Boost speed when needed automatically.

You can still try overclocking further, using 3rd party tools.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
denzbs
2 Iron

Jump to solution

you can set your cpu in bios *performance mode*

sheriffdude
1 Nickel

Jump to solution
i have the same thing mine said overclocking turned off due to unexpected shut down thats the first time i had even opend comand center and it just says over clocking is turned off ..after lots of hastel reinstall all updated bios turned over clock option ..in advanced back on still nothing my card is the gtx 1060 so should i be able to over clock this ..had to delete visula +++ to reinstall occ as kept saying already installed any help on this would be great ..also if it is the case that it cant be overclocked would it not just be a lot easier to let people with a option
0 Kudos
AWinMT
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

What exactly does this do, when you set the 8750h to "Performance" mode in the Bios? Thanks for any help... BTW...I really like this laptop...!

EDIT...After reading some other threads it looks like one can get a little extra CPU power from the Performance mode; up to 4.1 Ghz.  Maybe... yes...?

I too received the message "Overclocking has been turned off due to an unexpected restart,"  just a day or two after owning it (17R5).  I never worried too much as this is not an "hk" processor, and this 8750h turbo boosts to at least 3.9 as I have observed.   

0 Kudos