Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

July 19th, 2018 17:00

Alienware 17 Keyboard Issue

If anyone can assist me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having issues with two keys:  4 and backspace.  The 4 just keeps typing itself and I'm constantly getting backspaced!   The keys do not appear to be stuck and I have cleaned them.  I also verified all drivers are updated and have run various malware and antivirus software.  I'm at a dead end now, what else can I do to try to fix this issue?

Thanks for your time!  

Service Tag : 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 23rd, 2018 10:00

Hi @Clazzy,

Make sure the BIOS is up to date.

If the issues persists, send me a PM with the Service Tag so I can review your case.  

August 3rd, 2018 06:00

Good Day,

I am having the same issue and have verified that the recent BIOS update has been completed as suggested.  Any recommendations?

Thank you! 

August 3rd, 2018 07:00

I found a link recommending to disable Tobii eye tracking and this was successful.  Any idea when this incompatibility might be addressed?

Thanks!

1 Message

November 21st, 2018 01:00

Thank you! This was driving me crazy. I am going to try this right away. 

1 Message

January 1st, 2019 19:00

I am having a problem with my alienware 17r keypad the 4 or left arrow key is always active. Because the computer is constantly typing a 4 or moving to the left, the laptop is unusable. I have replaced the keyboard, updated the bios, performed a complete reformat/reload, nothing seems to fix the problem. I am a retired service tech with 25+ years in the industry and please believe me when I say nothing seems to work.

I see that others are having the identical problem as me.  This laptop is barely a year old - Please help!

1 Message

March 25th, 2020 03:00

appears to be a bug in the tobii eyetracking. 
switch it off and the and 4 input stops. 

my SV is 2.10.0 and isn't showing any updates when checking within the app

if you go to the tobii site the lateset for r17 is SV 2.13.4. this seems to have fixed the problem, so far

No Events found!