kac123ige
1 Copper

Alienware 17 R4 failure from the start

I purchased the laptop around the beginning of 2018 and it had a dead pixel so they replaced it with a new one. The replacement had a janky case with light bleeding through it and the color strips were inconsistent and a few other things, but I decided to keep it since it was my first alienware, and I always wanted one. The battery only last about 2 hours off the AC and a bunch of other problems. I sent it in to be repaired about 4 times now. The first time I sent it in they charged me for damage I didn't cause then sent it back with no repairs. And the laptop is In worse condition then when I sent it. They even replaced the ram with two different companies rams and it's 2400mhz vs the 2666mhz I originally purchased. And they sent it back to me for the third time with a damaged screen. And the laptop has dents and scratches in places It never had in the first place. And it runs super slow for a last gen processor.. the GTX 1080 with the i7-7820HK .. I'm trying to get the issue resolved over email, but they just keep telling me to take pictures of the pixels on the screen that are damaged before we can proceed, and telling me cosmetic damage isn't covered. When I call it in they just look over the history of my issues and say they'll escalate the case. I almost feel as if this replacement for my original purchase was a refurbished computer the whole time. And my warranty is almost up... Can somebody help me?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Alienware 17 R4 failure from the start

Hi @kac123ige,

Sorry for the experience you have had so far. Send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can review your case.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
kac123ige
1 Copper

Re: Alienware 17 R4 failure from the start

can anybody help me here? warranty running out in like a month and they keep giving me the run around...

0 Kudos