Penguin52
1 Nickel

Alienware 17 R5 BIOS Update 9/5/18

Updated BIOS as it was dated today 9/5. Afterwards I had no Fusion tab in Command Center. Uninstalled/reinstalled Command Center-now when I launch Command Center it says it needs to install additional components OCC controls, the problem is it doesn't install them-it removes them. I have the latest version.

This is just one of the numerous issues I've had since getting this laptop. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
immortal65
1 Copper

Re: Alienware 17 R5 BIOS Update 9/5/18

I'm having a similar issue as well. I haven't updated my BIOS yet.  Whenever I load AWCC, I get prompted that it needs to download additional components (OCControls).  After it downloads, it runs the installer but only gives the option of uninstalling.  There is no option to actually install OCControls.

I'm believe i'm using the newest version of AWCC, but for the life of me I can't seem to find a version number anywhere in the program.

0 Kudos

Hi @Penguin52,

Uninstall and reinstall the Command Center following ALL the steps on this article. 

You need to install this version.

Also, please reply with your CPU model. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Penguin52
1 Nickel

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate your help.

Perhaps I'm the fool-I'm not sure, but when someone pays $3,600 for a laptop and adds on a 5 year warranty for another $1,000 I'm not spending anymore time fixing problems I haven't caused. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
BonesB
2 Iron

For version got to control panel> programs and features>in the list find,  alienware command centre suite> Version number is on the right.

0 Kudos
immortal65
1 Copper

Awesome thank you!

Edit: After checking, I'm using the newest version (5.2.1.0) of AWCC. And i'm still having the issue that OP has. AWCC needs to download additional components (OCControls), but once it's downloaded it only gives the option of uninstalling.

0 Kudos
BonesB
2 Iron

Hi. i have a 17 R5 as well and i am using version 5.1.27.0 this version has given me the least trouble.  I avoid updating the bios because of the risk of bricking the machine. The only way to get it working is to do like Alienware-Eimy said and remove all traces of the version you have installed. If you do get it working to a state where you are happy with it. Get the free version of Macrium Reflect and make an image of your system then you can always go back if it all gets too bent.  There is one other possibility that may work and that is using Windows system restore. taking it back to a point where the old version would have been installed.  Forget updating in future unless it is absolutely necessary to get a component working or for some security reason. If it works leave it alone Update = Grief. Good luck.

0 Kudos
lalitsehgal21
1 Nickel

I am facing a little different issue. Uninstall alienware command center and oc control.

open windows store and search alienware. Download commandcenter from there. Then open command center once and it will ask for additional content, let it do it and install. After that restart. Open CC all will be working. But there is bug that it will keep asking additional components, there is no other way but to dcline manually everytime. Rest all will work

0 Kudos

Hi All, 

Please try the following steps for this issue. 

1. Uninstall ‘Alienware Command Center Suite’ and ‘Alienware OC Controls’ from the ‘Apps & features’
  2. Restart system
  3. Download AWCC 5.2.1.0 and OC Controls 1.1.11.1110 from eSupport site. Here are the download links.

Alienware Command Center

OC Controls

1. Install AWCC 5.2.1.0 then OC Controls 1.1.11.1110.

Test to confirm if you continue to have the same issue after this. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DarthKahn
1 Nickel

Yes, we still have the same issue. Download command center, install command center, then try to install OC controls and it says it cannot because there is already a version installed. 

0 Kudos