HaoranCC
1 Nickel

Alienware 17 R5 Wifi Dropping Issue

I got my Alienware 17 R5 yesterday, and it has the problem with its Wifi connection. Every once in a while (approximately 1-2 hours), my Wifi will disconnect automatically and reconnect by itself. This is so frustrating since I game a lot and I am kicked out of the server due to this Wifi issue The Wireless adapter is Killer wireless-AC 1550(9260NGW), along with the adapter, I have a Killer E2500G Gigabit Ethernet Controller. The software it came with are Killer Ethernet Performance Driver Suite UWD and Killer Wireless Driver UWD. I've check if the driver is up-to-date(it is up-to-date) and I also unchecked the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save the power option in Device manager. I have reset the OS to factory reset as well. I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the driver. None of these helped. My Wifi modem is Xfinity and has both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ. My other devices in my house work fine with the Wifi. Can someone help me figure to out? I just got this laptop 1 day. PS.  I am thinking replace the killer wireless card with an intel wireless card, because I was told that the issue is came from the Killer wireless card. I learned how to manually replace the wireless card from Alienware Website, but I don't know what are the following steps after I replace the card. I wish someone could help me on this
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: Alienware 17 R5 Wifi Dropping Issue

It would appear there are problems with that wifi adapter, if can go by various web posts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/comments/99ek7k/my_wifi_keeps_disconnecting/

Read the first posts on this page...might help with a fix.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/comments/8omw5t/killer_1550_alienware_17_r5_issue/

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
BonesB
2 Iron

Re: Alienware 17 R5 Wifi Dropping Issue

Uninstall Killer Ethernet Performance Driver Suite or turn it off.

0 Kudos