bomae09
Silver

Alienware 17 r3 Bios 1.6.1 got pulled out.

Hi dellienware,

What are you guyz doing? Killing people's laptop so we will have to buy a new one.. Guess what people got fed up with you and won't be buying any alienware laptop again.. You have done this more than twice now.. Releasing a bios to break people's laptop and then pulled it out from the drivers download page.. Good thing I didn't update the bios.. I am just here to make people aware of the nonsense you have been doing to us.. Hopefully people will be more aware and not buy any of your products.. OK BYE.. LOL..

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Re: Alienware 17 r3 Bios 1.6.1 got pulled out.

Hi @bomae09,

Engineering is still working on getting this fixed. We've been extensively working, we know that this is a problem and we will do our best to solve it.

For every user having this issues: please bear with us while we find a solution.

Thanks

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
ThomasAAT
Silver

Hi @Alienware-Eimy

What is the recommendations for us that is on 1.6.1? I do not have any problems with my system and it updated successfully from 1.4.4. Is there any harm to the system to stay on 1.6.1? Any extra precautions before upgrading from 1.6.1 to the new bios, or flash like normal? (I am aware that some questions may be hard to answer at this stage)

0 Kudos
Grothmog
Copper

Bios 1.6.1 appeared today with date 15 august. Are there any changes? If i had installed 1.6.1 before should i reinstall bios?

0 Kudos
ThomasAAT
Silver

The change log shows the same. So it appears to be the same 1.6.1 that was pulled just a day ago. So don't run it one more time if you're on it.

0 Kudos

Hi @ThomasAAT,

Exactly, do not rerun it. If it was updated correctly and the system is not having any issues, just leave it like that.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

Hi @Grothmog,

Is your system running fine with the current BIOS version? If so, leave it as it is, if not, then run it.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
JTerrence
Copper

Is there an update on this? I'm having issues with 3 different Alienware 17 R3s and the sleep / power issue. All have been updated to 1.6.1. This has become very frustrated for our designers that are using these. Is there still progress being made on the bios version to address these issues?

0 Kudos
Recon_R
Bronze

Your sleep/shutdown issues are a result of Dell's BIOS updates (1.44 for me) bricking the Intel Management Engine Interface firmware.  

I literally just finished repairing it and it's no easy task. 

First thing to try is here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/updating-intel-me-firmware-on-15-r2-17-r3-or-possibly-other-...

Hunter's method is the quickest/easiest near bottom of post.

If you are as unfortunate as me, those methods did nothing because my firmware was completely corrupt.  I physically had to take my motherboard out and clip in to the bios chip to repair it.  That thread is below:

https://www.win-raid.com/t4058f39-Intel-ME-not-responsive-or-showing-in-device-manager.html

0 Kudos
JTerrence
Copper

I'll give it a shot. Super frustrating for a ridiculously expensive rig to have firmware issues like this. 

0 Kudos