neeeial
Copper

Alienware 17 r4 Wont boot up or turn on or charge

I have this laptop for 2 months. I was playing game and then suddenly shut down. Power brick led is not on but when I remove the charger from my laptop the led light from the brick will turn back on. When put back and plug in into my laptop there is a little bit of noise like crack or spark sound and the light from the charging brick turned off again. Im new to this so help me guys.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Alienware 17 r4 Wont boot up or turn on or charge

Hi, 

Unfortunately, this sounds like a hardware problem, possibly with the motherboard. Send me your Service Tag in a private message, so we can look into the available repair options. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos

How much would that cost if the warranty is up?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Diamond

Hi Balli5ticnizzo5

I would suggest contacting Dell for a quote to repair the computer. Please click on the links below for additional information. 

Expired Warranty Hardware Support

How to arrange an 'Out of Warranty' repair on your Dell ...

0 Kudos
Tazger
Copper

I was just searching online for some info about this, cause I just had the same exact problem with my 15r4. I followed the instuctions for the power draining procedure on youtube, but that didnt solve the problem. I bought my alienware from America about a year ago, but i live in Egypt. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Cesar A
Copper

Did you have any solution to this? I'm facing the same problem and I don't know what can I do... I call for international support and it redirects me to the US... even when I try to call Chile which is the country where I'm.

0 Kudos
Tazger
Copper

Yes, a friend of mine was travelling to the US so he took my laptop with him and dell got it fixed. It was not possible to fix it in egypt even though dell has repair centers over here ,but my model was not supported in egypt because it is still not sold here ( i orignally got it from America). My advice is to check with the repair center where youre from and if they dont support your model youll have to send it to America. (Preferably with a friend or relative)

Also, the live chat on dell’s website is a life saver. it will save you a ton of time and effort.