Gunwant
1 Copper

Alienware 17R4 Freeze

Dear Team,

I recently purchased a Dell Alienware 17R4 laptop and while using it for general purposes, there is a slight delay of about 5 to 10 seconds for any activity like opening browsers, firing up windows explorer, creating a new folder, while opening control panel etc and then after it's back to normal. I have updated it to latest versions, but still this issue is coming frequently.

Requesting you to please provide some insight into resolving this problem.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Alienware 17R4 Freeze

Hi @Gunwant,

Was this an out of the box issue?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Gunwant
1 Copper

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, the system boots up successfully, but while using, it in a normal way (not doing any heavy stuff or gaming), its freezing/hanging for 5 - 10 seconds and then back to normal.

This happens for all the applications while opening, even Windows Explorer, Control Panel.

Please do advice, what further information is required, It will be helpful, if, this issue is resolved.

I am of the opinion, that this powerful machine should not give a freeze/hang while doing normal stuff.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Gunwant
1 Copper

Hi,

I forgot to mention one more thing, while unboxing it, I also noticed the freeze in the laptop (while opening windows explorer). Initially I ignored it and thought the cause to be related with updates. Later on, after installing all Windows and Alienware updates, the issue is still there is, I thought of checking the issue myself, but could not identify the cause. 

The issue is still occurring (for almost all applications) and causing a nuisance to using the Laptop. 

Please do suggest how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Gunwant
1 Copper

Hi,

I have further googled it and found that the problem is already faced & raised by other users with links as

Please do have a look at it and suggest the best solution for this problem, which as per the above links is since July 2017.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos

What's the current BIOS version?

Try a clean boot.

Also, try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let me know if you receive any errors. 

Finally, open support assist and run Optimize your system (1:26 min of the video).

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos