Highlighted

Alienware 17r4 and dell Technical Customer service!

Hello people!

After I get my hands on my new product in December, when I was playing any game after a while my game got frozen. The only way to close the game was Log out from windows account or restart the laptop.

I call the dell guys and they send me a technician at my house to replace my motherboard. He replaces the motherboard and destroys my laptop literally. The touchpad buttons war damaged, the external video card was bend he didn't close and etc.

But the problem didn't go the frozen screen was still there, I call them again telling them about my existing problem and with the new one that the guy who came to my house damaged my laptop. They decide to send my laptop in Germany Frankfurt in Service department, I'm in the Netherlands.

After 2 weeks my laptop came with UPS, the issue with the freezing screen is still there, when I'm opening the screen I hear a crank, I think is the plastic that will break in a couple of days/weeks, I have short freezes in games and dropping fps.

I call the dell one more time to tell them that my laptop is even worse than before. They told me that they escalate my situation to another department and I'm weighing for one week for a replay from that department to know if I will receive another laptop or my money back but they have no answer for me cause that department didn't replay to them!

I really don't know what to do in this situation. I'm really angry on them at this moment. Can someone help me in this case?

Sorry for my writing. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
YSL2005
1 Copper

Re: Alienware 17r4 and dell Technical Customer service!

My Alienware 17R4 experienced the similar issue. In which, initially the system prompted "The battery may not charge. The system will adjust the performance to match the power available. Please connect a Dell 240V W AC adapter or greater for the best system performance.". Thereafter, the fully charged battery can only last 2-3 hours for gaming and the charging speed is unable to cope with the usage.

Contacted Dell Technician, the advice given was either ignore the alert or turn-off the system notification. Don't know if this is the right way??

0 Kudos

Re: Alienware 17r4 and dell Technical Customer service!

I don't have problems with my battery or AC adapter.

0 Kudos