escorial
3 Zinc

Re: Alienware Aurora , Fresh OS install sata dock not recognized??? Win7 64 Sp1 Home Premium

Jump to solution

Actually tried both w/o any luck. Now I'm on a trusted site I have used in the past called Driversupport

https://www.driversupport.com I guess they got the ok from MS.

Downloaded there friver for the ata and sams issue, called there tech support buy too late in the day have to call back in the am.

This is nuts ;-)  should be plug and play not plug and pay ;-)

JJR,

Inspiron 15R-5520

Win 7 64 Bit

0 Kudos
escorial
3 Zinc

Re: Alienware Aurora , Fresh OS install sata dock not recognized??? Win7 64 Sp1 Home Premium

Jump to solution

Would it be possibly that something was turned off in services?

JJR,

Inspiron 15R-5520

Win 7 64 Bit

0 Kudos
jphughan
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution
Well it depends on what’s happening, and you’re just saying things aren’t working without providing any details. When you go to Device Manager, select the storage controller, click Updated Driver, and point it at the folder where you extracted the driver you downloaded from the Dell site, what happens?
0 Kudos
escorial
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

Well kick me in the butt and call me nuts ;-)

The fix was there all the time! I just popped in the receorse cd and opened the device manager and had the driver loaded from that, worked perfectly!

I was looking at some of my old post on the seven forum and found my old answer.

Thanks all for the patience!

JJR,

Inspiron 15R-5520

Win 7 64 Bit

0 Kudos
escorial
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

thanks again

JJR,

Inspiron 15R-5520

Win 7 64 Bit

0 Kudos