Start a Conversation

Unsolved

NH

5 Posts

August 22nd, 2018 09:00

17 R5, AWCC, AlienFX missing

Please help. After the update, the FX is now missing. I cannot change the lights, even the FN+F12 doesn't work anymore. Also, the fusion functionalities don't work anymore too. It crashes when you click some of its icons. I tried everything! from uninstalling and re-installing. But no luck.

Please help

83 Posts

August 22nd, 2018 10:00

This happened to me also after the recent update. Got it back by using windows system restore.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 22nd, 2018 14:00

Hi @Nate Helix,

You can try the system restore or download 5.2.0.0 from site and perform a clean install (following ALL the steps from this link).

August 22nd, 2018 18:00

Thank you!

I've done all the instructions, however the Command Center was stuck on loading screen. See image link

https://ibb.co/m33bTK

You can also notice that Overclock and Thermal are loading. 

Also, check this ErrorLog

https://ibb.co/k9CaNe 

I need a major help.

Regards,

Nate

83 Posts

August 24th, 2018 12:00

Hi i had exactly the same thing. After installing AWCC i also installed Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework

and Alienware OC Controls. Reboot and wait a while before opening AWCC, eventually it kicked in.

Hope it helps.

August 24th, 2018 21:00

Hi Bones B,

thank you for sharing your solution. I already did re-install ALL the chipsets including Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework + OCC Controls + restart. However, like I mentioned earlier on my post,  the Command Center was stuck on loading screen. (see attachment

Anyways, I did a "system restore"  (dated closest before the patch update of AWCC) and everything works fine. 
There's nothing we can do for now. Even you re-install the previous patch of AWCC 5.2.0.0 won't work.

In my conclusion, the latest patch for the Command Center is buggy and broken. Dell programers should fix this immediately. So don't allow the Command Center to update whenever it finds an internet and download the latest patch.

UPDATE: August 29th 2018 

From time to time, the AWCC 5.2.1.0 will go crazy again. You cannot change the lighting. However, you can fix this by doing a BIOS Diagnostic Test, and system defragment. Do not install its component. 

ANOTHER SOLUTION:

" If AWCC doesn't work again, try to end task all ACTIVE processes from the Task Manager (Alienware Command Center, awcc.background.server, awcc service and xtuservice) and try to re-open the AWCC again." suggested by Timmy Barriga

That's all I can share for now.

14 Posts

August 25th, 2018 15:00

So ,basically Alienware/Dell have removed one of the prime reasons I bought this particular laptop instead of another. And there is no answer because there is nobody I can find at either company that even acknowledges this is a problem. Every time I turn the thing on, it happily goes through all the colors I can no longer change before reverting to a default. All available lights are blue bright with no way to change. Any way to lose a potential lifetime customer. If i don't smash it up anyway to get a refund?

August 26th, 2018 04:00

Hahaha I'm not sure if you get a refund for that.

Well, Dell-Alienware is been known for having a very poor customer service since then. I'm not sure if they are going to fix their brand on that. But I know that Alienware is a great laptop, though they just released a buggy AWCC that affects light and macro controls.

For now, let's wait for the newest patch.

My laptop is currently running well without any problems as long as I don't let the AWCC updates itself.

14 Posts

August 26th, 2018 11:00

So the only thing I can do is turn auto update off? Thanks for the reply. Will be writing to a UK address for Dell and see what the response is.

1 Message

August 29th, 2018 01:00

May I know your working well version of BIOS and AWCC?

August 29th, 2018 07:00

Hi there,

My current BIO version is Version/Date Alienware 1.2.1, 29/05/2018, and AWCC 5.2.1.0

Do you encounter the same problem?

Respectfully yours,

83 Posts

August 30th, 2018 06:00

Thanks

Makes you wonder why they actually pay whoever it is writing this awful software.

14 Posts

September 1st, 2018 12:00

its not working well. in fact as previously stated after alienware update FX is missing from the acc. its the latest version ,after 20 plus emails a dell employee remotely attempted to re install missing software only to give up after 45 minutes mumbling something about backing files up etc,i told the so called expert i bought a laptop not a degree in computer science to which he mumbled something about a manual and heard nothing since.

1 Message

October 6th, 2018 03:00

I had a similar problem on my AW 17x r5 or r1  which ever it is called.  

After I downloaded an older version of Command Center, it worked. 

Find it here on Dell's website : https://www.dell.com/support/search/au/en/audhs1#q=alienware%20command%20center%20windows%2010&sort=relevancy&f:iuxType=[Drivers%20%26%20Downloads]&f:product1Facet=[Laptops]&f:langFacet=[en]&f:product2Facet=[Laptops%7CAlienware]&f:product3Facet=[Laptops%7CAlienware%7CAlienware%2017]

Its Command Center 3.6 for Notebooks

Driver ID: 7YT4T

I hope that works for you

1 Message

March 27th, 2019 01:00

Update to the latest version of AWCC and all the problems will be solved

3 Posts

March 27th, 2019 02:00

Hi, Same problem here in a G7 17 7790. The ACC starts, windows notifies you that a service is going to start and that's it. Nothing happens. No OC controls available.
No Events found!