BonesB
2 Iron

Alienware Command center will not update.

Alienware 17 R5

Trying to update to latest AWCC. Alienware-Command-Center_DHRVN_WIN_5.2.0.0_A00

And it says it is installed. I reboot and start AWCC and i get a message saying do i want to update AWCC ( I thought i just did?) The options are maybe later or yes. I choose yes.

Its now saying downloading updates (I thought i just did?) Green progress bar takes ages to get to about 90% then stops. Waited half an hour and no movement, so i abandon the attempt. Awcc is completely **bleep** so have to restore system using backup image.

Anyone else having problems with this update.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
obzerving
1 Nickel

Re: Alienware Command center will not update.

I went to Dell's support site and downloaded Alienware-Command-Center_DHRVN_WIN_5.2.0.0_A00.EXE. I had no problem installing it in my 15 R4. Supposedly, it is the same file used for installing in a 17 R5.

0 Kudos

Hi @BonesB,

What's your current AWCC version?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
BonesB
2 Iron

Version 5.1.27.0

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BonesB
2 Iron

Hi

Thats the same one i am having trouble with. Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
BonesB
2 Iron

Just tried new version. Same problem.

Awcc is saying updates available. But i have just updated to new version.

0 Kudos
BonesB
2 Iron

Hello

I have been waiting since August for you to reply. You asked for my version of AWCC and i gave it to you.

The problem is still not fixed.

0 Kudos
twinflame
1 Copper

I just bought the Alienware R5 17 and am having the same issue this is unexceptable for a $2000 laptop
0 Kudos
Kimchet
1 Copper

So I had this issue, I went to Apps & features in windows settings. I uninstalled AWCC. I believe I reinstalled my AWCC from the drivers website (https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?c=us&l=en&s=dhs) and find Alienware Control Center

The Direct Link for ALIENWARE 17 R5:

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER05278745M/1/Alienware-Command-Center_KW87X_WIN_5.2.17.0_A00.EXE?uid...

Hope this resolves your issue

0 Kudos