Highlighted
shashank066
1 Nickel

Alienware Not repaired even after 3 weeks

I have an Alienware 15 R3 on which 5 repairs were performed in a single case. They weren't able to fix the issue.

I have been waiting for so many days, they said a refurbished replacement would be given. It's been too slow and has taken too many days. I have been without a working system since 25 days. They still haven't approved replacement or contacted again for it. This is when I paid 3200$ for a high end laptop and premium support. The case had already been escalated to level 3 previously.

I have lost faith in Alienware and Dell. Could some Alienware mod, please help me out with this case? Service Tag is <Service tag removed>.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Alienware Not repaired even after 3 weeks

Hi, 

We are sorry to hear about this inconvenience. Send me your Service Tag in a PM, so we can check your case status. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

shashank066
1 Nickel

They did approve replacement yesterday. I was offered an upgrade for replacement due to being without working system for almost 2 months. The upgrade was generous and I have to thank Alienware / Dell for that. I am satisfied with the resolution and would love to continue using Alienware for the upcoming years. Hopefully they deliver the replacement within the mentioned timeframe.

I'm glad to hear that, thank you for confirming this. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

shashank066
1 Nickel

There is another issue, if you could help. I originally had a 60Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync panel in my Alienware 15 R3. The replacement they are giving me has 120Hz 1080p TN G-Sync panel. The 120Hz TN panel is 150$ more expensive than 60Hz IPS G-Sync when buying. 120Hz TN is good for gaming and IPS is good for picture quality and viewing angles but with slower response times. I highly prefer the IPS panel and hence purchased it.

When the replacement spec was offered, difference in specs were written in email body along with full detailed specs attached. The screen difference wasn't in email body but in full specs. I failed to see the 120Hz TN in full specs when replying "I agree" to specs. 20 mins later, I noticed and asked to change but they refused saying since I agreed and request has been forwarded they can't change. They take 1.5-2 months for system repair and replacement, but won't change specs because I was 20 mins late. The spec approval was on 27 June, 2018. So, I was looking for a way to change it when I receive it.

I contacted dell technical support several times to replace it when I receive it. They refused for a solution saying it's system replacement team issue and you should contact them. System replacement team had refused multiple times and since system is built and out of production it can't be changed. I got tired of calling and asking them.

Now I am stuck with a 3200$ laptop which has a display looking worse than a 1000$ laptop. Is there some way Alienware can replace with an IPS panel when I receive the system? It's fair since I originally purchased an IPS panel.

0 Kudos
shashank066
1 Nickel

Dell technical support refuses to change the screens to what I originally purchased. Mods aren't replying to messages. I am done with Dell forever.

0 Kudos