AV0101
Bronze

Re: Alienware R15 GPU not attached - less than 2 month old

Jump to solution

I have both an SSD and mechanical.  Its been about a week since the total re-install and I see similar trends again.  After putting my laptop in sleep mode in my Alienware bag, I was devastated to find that for the second time the laptop turned on in the bag and was very hot.  This is the second time this has happened and I am 100% sure it was shut down because I always let it cool down after putting it to sleep before putting it in the bag.  I have now reverted to shutting the laptop down instead of putting it to sleep.

Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos

Re: Alienware R15 GPU not attached - less than 2 month old

Jump to solution

@AV0101 wrote:

I have both an SSD and mechanical.  Its been about a week since the total re-install and I see similar trends again.  After putting my laptop in sleep mode in my Alienware bag, I was devastated to find that for the second time the laptop turned on in the bag and was very hot.  This is the second time this has happened and I am 100% sure it was shut down because I always let it cool down after putting it to sleep before putting it in the bag.  I have now reverted to shutting the laptop down instead of putting it to sleep.

Thanks for your input.

Always shut it down, tho if its waking up from sleep, it can be a number of things. You need to go into Device Properties and uncheck the box that says "Allow this device to wake the PC" for almost all, wireless, etc. One of the devices is waking the laptop up. It's always best anyways just to shut it down if your on the move versus sleep... OR... Hibernate the PC if you must.

0 Kudos